Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Just for Fun

More
10 years 11 months ago #15655 by Socalz44
Replied by Socalz44 on topic Just for Fun
Fred, The sign magically disappears in heads when planes fly over DC or any state capitols. Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #15720 by Fred
Replied by Fred on topic Just for Fun

The building complex circa 1985-- before the shoot and forget cameras. :evil:

I Give up!!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernnscale

• Heavy-Equipment-Designer
More
10 years 10 months ago #15722 by Heavy-Equipment-Designer
Replied by Heavy-Equipment-Designer on topic Just for Fun
Hey Fred, what internet browser do you use? If it’s anything but Internet Explorer, try using Internet Explorer. I could never upload images on Firefox. But IE seems to be Z Central Station friendly as I've had no upload issues with IE.

More
10 years 10 months ago #15723 by Fred
Thanks Jon- I think I might be back on-- It must be those sun bursts or moon shadows :sick:
Will try again- I have been using windows xp and mozilla firefox...

Attachments:

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #15724 by Fred
Hope this helps Walt,

And used as separate buildings on module...
first- the painted version

Attachments:

More
10 years 10 months ago #15726 by southernnscale
Replied by southernnscale on topic Just for Fun
These are some nice pictures. I can still build it without the measurements it might not come out exact but close. I did this farm house from a picture it's one of Loren's at Stonebridge Models the Brentwood house and garage. I use basswood frame and cardstock paper to make these building had no measurements. :silly: ;)
Attachments:

More
10 years 10 months ago #15728 by Fred
Walt- break out the calipers, abacuss, gradient devices, dividers and octent, feather scribbiling unit, and parchment. I'm sure you can draw up some plans. :)
That is a nice building--The threatening sky is indicative of the tornadoes out in Oklahoma.
PS-- there is no spill check :evil:

More
10 years 10 months ago #15730 by tealplanes
Replied by tealplanes on topic Just for Fun
Walt, that is some nice work there my man. Very creative. I do appreciate your efforts. You going to incorporate that into your layout or just use it as a stand alone diorama?

More
10 years 10 months ago #15731 by tealplanes
Replied by tealplanes on topic Just for Fun

Fred wrote: Walt- break out the calipers, abacuss, gradient devices, dividers and octent, feather scribbiling unit, and parchment. I'm sure you can draw up some plans. :)
That is a nice building--The threatening sky is indicative of the tornadoes out in Oklahoma.
PS-- there is no spill check :evil:

Fred, don't you mean 'deviant' devices? :silly:

More
10 years 10 months ago #15735 by southernnscale

Hey! Fred,
Here is a start of that building! the New Fred's Feed & Seed.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #15736 by Fred
Wow! Walt !! That is neat and Spooky. "I can't recall" the inspiration for this complex--it was almost 30 years ago and my memory dates back to yesterday -- on a good day! :laugh: I probably had to change a few things to get the other buildings to mate up-- and some "builder's licence". I like the unsymetrical, -( where is spill cheque when I need it?)- angles, and crannies, and also I had some sort of idea for surrounding land gradients.
I'm impressed with your skills and the things computers can do. I still use the sledge and wedge. It really is nice that you like the buildings enough, to make them yourself. Have FUN with all the facia boards, trim, - whatever- :S :evil:
I'll try and find some additional pics.

Attachments:

More
10 years 10 months ago #15737 by Bill_O
Replied by Bill_O on topic Just for Fun
Walt

What drawing program do you use? Fantastic drawing :woohoo:

Bill

More
10 years 10 months ago #15738 by southernnscale
Fred,

Thanks! I've always like to draw. I just wish I would have stayed with it when I was Younger. I love the style of these building and it does help to have a good program to use Like Autodesk 3D Max 8 I don't have the money to pay for a newer program. This building is driving me crazy trying to get all the angles right. But like you said it fun and these are some great building each unit I can see can be removed and put together with another. Bill-O the program I used is Autodesk 3D Max 8 They have 13 out now. The older version is not designed for windows 7 but I'm using it and so far no problems yet. Here is another shot still working on the building.

Thanks,
Walt
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred, Mr.JA, Bill_O

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #15740 by Fred
Walt- I too like to draw and color- It was my best subject in kindergarden- But as Loren has noted-It is hard to stay within the lines with my 3" circumferance crayons! :( :S But mmmmmmmm Tastey!!
:S :evil: :laugh:
:sick:

More
10 years 10 months ago #15741 by southernnscale
Hey! Fred,
Added a few more details to the building while I was trying to figure the next step!
Those are some big crayons it would be hard to stay inside the lines! :silly: I like your foam projects I have several of the hot wire tools but I used them on my layout and nothing else. Nice work Fred!

Well I wont post for awhile so I can get this piece of work complete. But the way you have it, it could go on for ever! :blink: I've been at the computer all day doing it this way and that way no wonder your crayons taste so good! :woohoo:
Attachments:

More
10 years 10 months ago #15743 by southernnscale

I'm getting close! I put a set of Wood Helm Wheels on the Front of the building. ;) I've added three more attachments. It's starting to look ok except for the roof. I have to work on that. I put a line threw the pulley over the double top doors and add some wood floors. The building on the right end I still have to add another roof.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #15744 by Fred
Walt- The building is really shaping up..(even got the light fixtures-bent pins)-- Took a couple of new pics from different angles.. Just remember this complex had about 7 parts so it was like a "Transformer".. and when I decided to make two of the main buildings stand alone- I added some details.. and they won't go together now.

I'm surprised and honored that you wanted to make a similar building. The complex just grew and grew.
Now that you have it mostly drawn- now what?? :evil: Lots of little pieces. :woohoo: :woohoo: :S :laugh:
Attachments:

More
10 years 10 months ago #15745 by southernnscale
Fred!!!! :woohoo:
More pictures I see, Now that I almost had it :silly: . I had about 5 different pieces to put together to make what I have. :P . Now you bring out the good pictures that I could have started with. :evil: . That ok! I like doing what I have done so far. Here's another picture with some of my own details added. I even put you at the front office door If I had a picture of you I would have placed it on the Face of the man just to the right of the main building waving your hand in the air. The door you coming out of has a brass door nob. If you look in the back of the building there's another man at the top of a ladder. :blink:
My next plan is to try to build it with Scratch Material like Evergreen Scale model siding sheets and Plastruct Material.
Fred thanks for the Pictures I have a hole folder of this building.

Attachments:

More
10 years 10 months ago #15746 by southernnscale
Fred! B) I almost or got I found a picture of your elk pin and use it on a sign in the front building. :whistle: :woohoo:

More
10 years 10 months ago #15748 by Fred
It's very interesting to see the progression of drawings. I like the roof walk- I may add that!- The messier the better. Keep that brass polished :) If I had known you were going to such detail, I would have looked deeper and faster into the Black Hole. Good luck with the chopper-- Can you go directly from the pictures to a cutter? I used a box opening knife-- stronger blade and better gripping handle.
I look forward to future pictures.

Time to create page: 0.450 seconds