Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, April 19, 2024

Just for Fun

More
15 years 2 months ago #2327 by Dampflok
Replied by Dampflok on topic Just for Fun
But where has the cat gone. I just came back to the thread and it has gone!

Chris.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #2329 by Stojiny
Replied by Stojiny on topic Just for Fun
HI FRED, YOU GONA BUILD AN OPERATIONAL MODEL OF THIS IN Z SCALE. STOJINY

More
15 years 2 months ago #2330 by Fred
Replied by Fred on topic Just for Fun
The catz still there- on page 1-- operational model of what in Z Stojiny?... I admidt the page numbers might be improved.
Fred
The Redwood tree tunnel-- Yup- yust for fun- and I'll post a picture!
Fred

More
15 years 2 months ago #2331 by Stojiny
THE CATZ FRED, THE CATZ. STOJINY

More
15 years 2 months ago #2332 by Beverly56
Replied by Beverly56 on topic Just for Fun
Wow, Fred. I can see why your Sweetie might tend to want to exteriorize you the way you're building organically grows from one piece of furniture to eventually incorporate the whole room - and beyond :ohmy: In one way, I suspect MRRing has kept you out of a lot of trouble, and in another way it has put you into hot water from time to time :)

Back to the Bumble Bee for a moment, please.... Is there a caboose available for this locomotive and tender and set of four cars? Did the prototype ever run with a caboose?

More
15 years 2 months ago #2333 by Fred
I got a 1:1 scale model of the cat-- That is more than enough of the little darling. I swear, Dribbles is a dog in cat's clothing!.. He is affectionate, excited to see me and play and actually listens and obeys. Never in all my days have I had a cat like this-- even Talks.
Fred

More
15 years 2 months ago #2334 by Beverly56
Hmmm.... The cat talks to Fred...... Okay, Fred. What does the cat tell you?

More
15 years 2 months ago #2337 by Fred
I guess that I'm ready for an "I love me coat". ! That's what we called a straight jacket...
As far as a caboose- this engine was pretty and used for passenger service. There is a Casey Jones Z model that is mostly black that might be OK for freight-- Jim is the steam guy- But they might have had a small bobber caboose. Only a few of those have been made in Z and they are brass.

More
15 years 2 months ago #2341 by Socalz44
Replied by Socalz44 on topic Just for Fun
Beverly, The Bumble Bee is from the 1880's and yes, it would have had a caboose. None are modeled in Z for that era. Z at the present time is caboose shy. The only two are the Marklin which would go with the Bumble Bee, and the MTL which goes with hardly anything. Robert Ray, who checks in from time to time, makes a smaller wooded caboose that would work the best. Cheers, Jim CCRR:)

More
15 years 2 months ago #2342 by davidf
Replied by davidf on topic Just for Fun
jim is right about the C16 being from the 1880s, but the first narrow gauge locomotive to be painted in the "bumble bee" scheme (officially called Rio Grande Gold)was the rio grande C-16 #268 (2-8-0). it was done for the 1949 worlds fair (in new york, i think -- i have to check -- maybe it was st. louis ???). a larger narrow gauge loco (K28 - 2-8-2), like that used most often on the current durango and silverton, was also painted up in the bumble bee scheme for a couple years. and a third K28 was painted up for a commercial and then quickly returned to black. the scheme on the K28 has since been revisted (2006) and is much favored by tourists.

the original world's fair repaint was a hit with the public but mostly disliked by the railroad men. i think it was a pretty neat looking scheme, myself. the boiler was actually a dark green, which really set off the brass bands, gold color and black strips.

actually no 2-6-0 was ever pained in the bumble bee, but that hasn't kept model makers from doing the scheme on any and every version of narrow gauge steam loco (and some diesels). so who's to care if marklin painted a 2-6-0 in it. if you like it, it's your railroad! fyi.
dave f.

More
15 years 2 months ago #2343 by craZ13
Replied by craZ13 on topic Just for Fun
Beverly,

Hope you got my e-mail.

Jerry
B)

More
15 years 2 months ago #2350 by Stojiny
FRED, MY DAUGHTER CUD OPERATE THAT CRITTER WITH NO PROBLEM, SHE CAN RUN ANYTHING AND SHE IS ANYTHING BUT MANLY.

More
15 years 2 months ago #2362 by Beverly56
Jerry,

Yes, I received your email. Thanks so much for going to all the trouble you did. I contacted the vendor last night and hope to hear from him in a couple of days.

Jim,

I've heard the name Robert Ray. Here is his website . He's got a Northern Pacific Z scale caboose at the bottom of his Cabbose Kits page.

David,

Thank you for the history behind the paintwork. Now I'll have more research to do if we actually buy the sets.

More
15 years 2 months ago #2363 by Socalz44
Replied by Socalz44 on topic Just for Fun
He Beverly, And that opening shot of his website it the "Bumble Bee" painted black. Cheers, Jim CCRR:)

More
15 years 2 months ago #2442 by Fred

A wooden sign I made..
Attachments:

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #2453 by Fred

Stojiny and other cat lovers, this ones for you.
Here's Angus taking a cat nap with some of his friends (Sweetie's
flippers) after a hard day at training-- Chasing those little Z critters all over the track.
BTW Sweetie was not impressed to see her new hoofware.
This may be way off topic but remember the thread- Just For Fun......:silly:
The Missing Link
Attachments:

More
15 years 2 months ago #2471 by Fred
Beverly-- Just saw an add on TV for the Rocky Moutaineer- It's a Canadian Train and sure looks pretty- That's up your way. BTW it was on a local station in the Baltimore Washington region.
Fred

More
15 years 2 months ago #2479 by Beverly56
Fred,

Was that tv ad on PBS? I haven't watched PBS for a long time - too much escapist tv to watch, but no time to watch much of that either. We get Spokane and one other PBS station, though I can't remember which one it is but it's an hour or two earlier than Spokane. I'll Google the Rocky Mountaineer to see what I find, though I might be sadder that there are no Canadian steam locomotives for me :(

More
15 years 2 months ago #2482 by Fred
Beverly- It was on either the History or Military cable channel. If I see it again I will pay closer attention.
Fred

More
15 years 2 months ago #2489 by Fred
Kelley, Just thought of another project for you.. Route 66 had a lot of interesting tourist props but this one is off the beaten path... Paul Bunyan and his Blue Ox Babe.
There are a lot of tales of Paul Bunyan. I had hoped to include fotos but couldn't download. There are several different style statues of Paul and Babe.. These are huge statues and would be easier to model in Z . Portland Or, Bangor Maine, Kalameth Ca, and several other cities have Paul and Ox. Google and Wiecapedia has some good pictures.
Fred

Time to create page: 0.620 seconds