Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Just for Fun

More
15 years 1 month ago #2702 by Kelley
Replied by Kelley on topic Just for Fun
That tree is GREAT!
I spent a Summer in Oregon as a kid, I had an aunt in Portland. My mom lived at Newport Beach during the war and worked in a place that made plywood for PT Boats. They used to haul her up on those big cranes full of logs and she would change the lightbulbs on the crane.
My folks had their honeymoon around Portland,during the war, and the Hotel they stayed at was the same one used in the TV show Petticoat Junction. (No no train was near there.)
Anyway I seen Bonneville dam and the fish ladders there. Never made it across the Colombia into Washington. :(
I do remember seeing the falls and is that also where the Hanging Bridge is? I rember another bridge I was under and the trains rolled under.
I was thinking about making a Bigfoot. Right now I am looking and fighting to get a Gov job on base. I will see what I can do about it. I was thinking the classic Bigfoot from the old movie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #2703 by Fred
Replied by Fred on topic Just for Fun
Yes Loren- That's Z scale- You have many more but I got the biggest! :S

More
15 years 1 month ago #2706 by Fred
Doesn't anybody else have fun projects??

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #2707 by zthek
Replied by zthek on topic Just for Fun

Doesn't anybody else have fun projects??

Everybody should have fun projects only... :) I actually have too many, more than I deserve.:cheer:

Lajos:laugh:

More
15 years 1 month ago #2709 by Fred

Dribbles- the Dastardly Catasaurus Wrecks
Attachments:

More
15 years 1 month ago #2710 by tealplanes
Replied by tealplanes on topic Just for Fun
Fred,
I've been toying with the idea of some redwood trees, but haven't actually played around with anything yet.

Was thinking of molding a basic trunk and then make a master mold and pour trunks from resin and then go from there. Not sure how I'd do limbs since these would be a lot more detailed than smaller trees.

Any super smart ideas?
The trouble with red woods are that you really can't model them unless you are doing a huge forest scene or maybe just the corner of a module could begin a forested area.......still, modeling the forests of any size is going to be a huge under taking....I know very well first hand.
Loren

PS. Your cat reminds me of my ex mother in law.........:lol:

More
15 years 1 month ago #2711 by Fred
Loren, Now you have done it! Dribbles is off in the corner sulking.
The redwood forest would be a task- First you would need a lot of broken shovel handles for the trunks, and then copious amounts of pie.
Fred

More
15 years 1 month ago #2712 by TerryH
Replied by TerryH on topic Just for Fun
My pet project is getting out of bed in the morning and then moving. Actually working on Lambertville Station in NJ, a scratch build.

More
15 years 1 month ago #2713 by tealplanes
Replied by tealplanes on topic Just for Fun
Fred,
I can find the pie, but the broken shovel handles might be a difficult challenge unless I make Karin mad and give her reason to bash away......:ohmy:
Loren

More
15 years 1 month ago #2715 by Fred

Where the Elk and the Jackalopes play
Attachments:

More
15 years 1 month ago #2716 by Kelley
Replied by Kelley on topic Just for Fun
OHOH...dont get me started with elks...Let me explane..In in Germany, the equivalent of the poker playing dogs and the velvet Elvis is the painting with the elk calling his mate with the mountains and woods and maybe a mountain lake in the backgroud. All old geezers had these pictures behind their couches. There is also plastic, metal, wood, ceramic pewter, glass, ect ect ect elks calling their mates. I have whole room of this stuff in my man cave. It started as a joke but has gotten out of hand. My 17 year old goth-like daughter stole mo elk scull with antlers. I even scored an antler lamp on Epay. Yes I have them in HO and still looking for them in Z.. Google " rohender Hirsch "images to see what I am talking about.

More
15 years 1 month ago #2717 by loadmaster
Replied by loadmaster on topic Just for Fun
TerryH wrote:

My pet project is getting out of bed in the morning and then moving. Actually working on Lambertville Station in NJ, a scratch build.

Let me know when you are ready to start on the New Hope station or maybe some of the old building in Lambertville or Flemington. When I was a kid, my parents took me on a NHRS Iron Horse Ramble and the train went North on the East side of the Delaware River to Phillipsburg and Easton. I'm begining to have senior moments so I don't exactly remember the total trip.
Subject change, have you been to NORTHLANDZ?

Robert

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #2720 by Fred
Robert,
I went to Northlandz just after it was opened. It's a huge ( Now probably even BIGGER ) mostly HO layout with huge bridges, a miniature golf course down a steep cliff, an outhouse that overhangs a quarry where grandma would not sell her house so she sits on the pourch and her house is like on the devil's tower. There are so many little interesting scenes a long with some very serious modeling. I used to go to Roadside America but heard it has really gone downhill since the builder went to the great trainyard in the sky. Northlandz is a must do if you are in the area. Lots of wonderful ideas for modelrailroaders- and especially Z since we can put more in a small space!
Fred
It was featured in Model Railroader a year or 2 ago.

More
15 years 1 month ago #2722 by Fred
WOOPZ- We know one of Kelley's buttons to push..
MANCAVE-- got to remember that as Sweettie calls me the MISSING LINK.
Fred :S

More
15 years 1 month ago #2724 by TerryH
Robert

Unfortunately I haven't been there. I now live in Labrador City, Labrador, Canada, so very unlikely I will get there. :( I grew up in Philadelphia, lived there 31 years. My aunt lived in Riverside, NJ where Lambertville is, we took the train out to see her, I was always impressed with the old structure, now converted to a restaurant. I am attempting to construct the old structure but pictures are scarce.

TerryH

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #2725 by Fred
Wood Santa Fe Sign-- the wobble light actually works.
Whoppz- I have to chop the picture.
Fred

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #2726 by Fred

Letz see if this works.
The trains below are HO and the ones above are O. and the one on the right is one of those Large Big Guys.
Attachments:

More
15 years 1 month ago #2728 by loadmaster
Replied by loadmaster on topic Just for Fun
Terry & Fred,

I grew up in Narberth, the 3rd station West of Philly on the PRR Main Line. I remember Roadside America on Rt 22 when I was a kid. I've been to Northlandz once back in '98. I saw a video of it on RFD-TV (satelite) a few months ago. It brought back great memories.

Well Terry, I hope you are enjoying all that snow. When I was still flying, I landed in Goose Bay a few times, but of course it was in the summer.

Robert

More
15 years 1 month ago #2730 by Beverly56
Replied by Beverly56 on topic Just for Fun
Terry,

How the heck does a person start in Philly and end up in Labrador City of all places?!?

Oh, and for fun, I'm building all three of the BAZ half timbered houses :) #1 is finished and #2 is on my work bench. <---- Now that didn't sound quite right for some reason :unsure: #3 is still on the dining room table.

More
15 years 1 month ago #2731 by TerryH
Beverly, after 31 years in Philly, moved to Duxbury, MA for 22 years, work relocation. Divorced after 30 years and moved to Lab City and remarried New Years Eve 2000.

Time to create page: 0.612 seconds