Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Tuesday, May 07, 2024

Congratulations to:

More
14 years 7 months ago #5968 by David K. Smith
Replied by David K. Smith on topic Re:Congratulations to:
Thanks for the kudos, everyone. The strange thing is that the scene in the photo is not yet finished, although no one has mentioned the fact that the grade crossing is missing the flashers to the right of the tracks, at the end of the station platform (the tuft of grass there covers a hole waiting for the flashers). But when I saw the track competition announced, I thought that the area was finished enough to show off the Code 25 switch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #5976 by craZ13
Replied by craZ13 on topic Re:Congratulations to:
Socalz44 wrote:

a photo like David's, Bill's or at least one of my own photos were/are the best and deserve to win. I've got no issue in those cases for Z scalers to pile on. I don't want to condone voting for Z photos just because we can if they are not the best.

Couldn't agree more Jim. Just happens that of my three favorite photos in this contest two are Z.
If the photo makes me go wow at first glance.....that's a winner. It is nice to see Robert jump in this time.
I usually don't have time to follow all forums, but I'm trying to watch the photo contest on Trainboard more regularly, there are great ideas to be had from these photos.

although no one has mentioned the fact that the grade crossing is missing the flashers to the right of the tracks

David I was to busy looking at the other details to notice! Glad to see you back posting on
jamesriverbranch.net/new.htm

Jerry
B)

More
14 years 7 months ago #5978 by tealplanes
Replied by tealplanes on topic Re:Congratulations to:
Dave,

And here I thought 'croc' was short for crocodile......
If ever there was a croc, this is it.

It smells a bit political doesn't it?

I have heard from a very informed individual that there are jack asses who run trainboard who like to crucify and smear anyone they don't like.

I'm supposed to remain neutral in all things train related, but this really gauls me.

Your photo and Robert's were excellent examples of Z scale at its best.

I've always maintained that some folks in other scales just don't get it. That's ok I guess, we'll just lump them in with the rest of the mushrooms.:angry:

Loren

More
14 years 7 months ago #5980 by RRAY
Replied by RRAY on topic Re:Congratulations to:
I fought for you David, I fought hard, and so did John Mui, but the Trainboard Admins stick to their rules.

Out of respect, I pulled my entry too, because I don't want anyone to vote for me, especially after having seen your superior work.

As far as I know, you are eligable to re-apply for trainboard membership after having been dispatched, but you have to email whichever admin handled your leaving, state why you want to come back, and appologize if any colorful remarks were included in emails.

Several dispatched people have done this, and are now back, but yes, it's kind of humiliating.:blush:

More
14 years 7 months ago #5982 by tealplanes
pray59 wrote:

>I fought for you David, I fought hard, and so did John Mui, but the Trainboard Admins >stick to their rules.
>Out of respect, I pulled my entry too, because I don't want anyone to vote for me, >especially after having seen your superior work.

>As far as I know, you are eligable to re-apply for trainboard membership after having >been dispatched, but you have to email whichever admin handled your leaving, state >why you want to come back, and appologize if any colorful remarks were included in >emails.

>Several dispatched people have done this, and are now back, but yes, it's kind of >humiliating.:blush:

Robert, I'm ok with knowing you pulled your own picture Robert, but I'd sure be up in arms if trainboad had done it.

Now I understand what's going on and Dave has admitted his not knowing the rules caused his banishment. Lesson learned.

Gee David, you must have really done something terrible or said something real bad...no matter at this point.

I won't suggest you eat humble pie and grovel on your knees, but perhaps if you explained your lack of understanding the procedure for reapplying they might reconsider?

So you did one of these numbers did you?......any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

I guess if you're that kind of guy, I can't talk with you on the phone, wave to you on the street, or even send you a Christmas card. I better not email you either for fear my computer will catch a virus.....:laugh: Do you still want my aunt Martha's fruit cake this Christmas?

I know, as does Robert and John, and we all know that besides any behaviors we all share from time to time,........you're still one of the very best in the hobby.

For that reason alone, you're still one great mentor to admire and look up to..

Keep those beautiful Z examples flowing in ZCS.
Loren

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #5983 by David K. Smith
Replied by David K. Smith on topic Re:Congratulations to:
Loren, the funny thing is that I never used any vulgar language, called another member a moron, or said anything even mildly disrespectful to or about a moderator. A full explanation is here:

1-220.blogspot.com/2009/09/persona-non-grata.html

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #5985 by tealplanes
Dave,
I like that last statement about giving a title to a nobody. Somehow it inflates their head until they are a fat head.....or maybe they started out that way and just got discovered.

I doubt you'll get kicked around over here. We're kind of a roudy bunch anyway and have been known to blatantly turn our collective noses up at formality.

I better be good or the axe will fall on me.

Post all you want over here......

Loren

More
14 years 7 months ago #5989 by Catt
Replied by Catt on topic Re:Congratulations to:
David,you were banned from Trainboard? I knew there was a reason I liked you.I was banned for being a Mod on the Gauge.Oh and telling Charlie what I thought of him to his face.Course the fact that I got two of his stoolies dumped from the Gauge may have been a contributing factor.:laugh:

More
14 years 7 months ago #5990 by andyjbj
Replied by andyjbj on topic Re:Congratulations to:
Trainboard was never good for me because I only saw American Z there. Besides Z Central looks nice and is super easy to use.
David, that is a fantastic picture. I love your signal work.

More
14 years 7 months ago #5992 by bambuko
Replied by bambuko on topic Re:Congratulations to:
Your excuses :laugh: David, about not being able to find forum rules, are pretty feeble :P
Since Roman times Ignorantia juris non excusat or Ignorantia legis neminem excusat
Regardless of the merits (or not as the case might be) of your original banishment, you re-joining under new ID (even if, for perfectly good motives ie popularising Z scale) sounds fishy and I know, it is not looked on very kindly by many administrators.

ps and before I have tonne of s...t heaped on me by your defenders :silly: this has nothing to do with quality of your work, your approach to modelling etc, etc all of which I admire greatly.

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #5994 by Socalz44
Replied by Socalz44 on topic Re:Congratulations to:
Folks, This topic (David's issues) has run it's course . I seldom butt in, but David has asked me to delete his postings and even though I do not want to I will do as he wishes. Whether we mean well or not, sometimes the message gets lost while we are typing. So let's move on and find someone else to congratulate. Hopefully no one else's posting will be deleted. If they are it is accidental and unintentional. Blame it on the editing program! Thanks, Jim CCRR:S

More
14 years 7 months ago #5996 by Mr.JA
Replied by Mr.JA on topic Re:Congratulations to:
:angry: I have just canceled my monthly $2.00 support of Trainboard.com
Total and complete horse-dung.

Mr. Smith,

As I have mentioned many times in all of the Z forums, I have ALWAYS valued your insight and comments.

Thank you, Sir!

More
14 years 7 months ago #6010 by Socalz44
Congratulations to Fred for making the front cover of N Scale Collector Sept/Oct 2009. Nice to see N scale present Z on their cover. Cheers, Jim CCRR:woohoo:

More
14 years 7 months ago #6014 by RRAY
Replied by RRAY on topic Re:Congratulations to:
That's great news Fred! Congratulations!

More
14 years 7 months ago #6016 by TerryH
Replied by TerryH on topic Re:Congratulations to:
I am very please to see Fred get the acknowledgment he deserves, especially on the front cover of another scale magazine. Fred has been a personal help to me in so many ways. His knowledge is vast and would take me a lifetime to try and learn it all. I have known about this for awhile but have been biting my tongue. Congratulations Fred, from the Wabbit!

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #6018 by Fred
Replied by Fred on topic Re:Congratulations to:
Thanks Guys--

More
14 years 6 months ago #6298 by craZ13
Replied by craZ13 on topic Re:Congratulations to:
Hi Jim,

Saw your entry on Trainboard's photo contest. Nice photo.
Good to see your new layout coming along nicely.
After the last photo contest uproar I don't want to jinx you.:S
But........
www.trainboard.com/grapevine/showthread.php?t=113560&page=2

Jerry,
B)

More
14 years 6 months ago #6300 by Mr.JA
Replied by Mr.JA on topic Re:Congratulations to:
Jim, I just voted for you. :woohoo:

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #6301 by Socalz44
Thanks Alex. For those who may be confused there is another photo contest at Trainboard. My photo is neck and neck with the regular Trainboard groupies. There are some good photos this time, but I like mine because to me it exemplifies the title of the contest the best "Freight". So check the contest out at Trainboard. It is off the Home Page so here is how you access it. On your opening 'Trainboard Page' scroll down to the 'Around Trainboard' box on the left side of the page. Then to 'Main Forum Page' and Click it. Then scroll down to 'Railfanning'. Then click 'Contest'. And vote for me an Z or any other photo you deem more represents "Freight". It is always good to have Z in the limelight. Cheers, Jim CCRR
Attachments:

More
14 years 6 months ago #6302 by ULie
Replied by ULie on topic Re:Congratulations to:
Hello Jim,

great entry...

B)

good luck...

GreetingZ, HilZen,

Uwe

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds