Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Monday, May 06, 2024

Progress on layout

More
14 years 9 months ago #5498 by HoboTim
Replied by HoboTim on topic Re:Progress on layout
The Tunnel and surrounding scenery is an excellent photographic opportunity spot!!! Lots of great photos!!! I have always preferred to read forum posts that have lots of pertaining photos than one with few or little at all. Great Layout!! Keep posting your progress!

Hobo Tim :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #5503 by slugger
Replied by slugger on topic Re:Progress on layout
nice photo! keep up the good job
Steve aka. "slugger"B)

More
14 years 9 months ago #5507 by eit27
Replied by eit27 on topic Re:Progress on layout
I have tried messing with the ISO setting of the camera. No Luck. Have stabalized the camera with a time setting. Still no luck. The pictures are not really to my liking. They are still far to grainey in my opinion. I guess will have to invest in a better camera.

More
14 years 9 months ago #5518 by SJ-BAZ-man
Replied by SJ-BAZ-man on topic Re:Progress on layout
Since you have a 4MP camera, that's an image of at least 2200x1700, depending on actual pixels, format ratio, etc. The forum pix you see are less than 800x600, usually 640x480. So, take the pix you have and 'crop' the section you want to bring that part effectively closer (as viewed in these posts). You will normally see the same size for the cropped part of the picture but if your image view software allows you to 'fit to screen or window', then you'll get the idea. When posted here, we'll see what would be more macro like. However, that doesn't change how close you can focus. If you Zoom all the way out, you'll be able to focus closer. Then crop the picture. If you get closer, as in a macro shot, you obviously won't see way to the sides (like when you cropped the picture).

Also, if the camera has reasonable sensititivity and and Auto or Program mode (just like Auto), then put the camera on a tripod, turn the flash off for more even lighting and then take the picture. You may have to use the timer to before the picture to minimize and shaking. Just try and get as much natural light or stage lots of cheap fluorescents around the area.

If you want a good free picture editor, the oft used Irfanview is loaded, and free:
www.irfanview.com

Jeff
SF Bay Area Z

More
14 years 9 months ago #5520 by eit27
Replied by eit27 on topic Re:Progress on layout
Hey Jeff,

Thanks for the tips. I will try your suggestions and see what results I end up with.
Ed

More
14 years 9 months ago #5528 by SJ-BAZ-man
Replied by SJ-BAZ-man on topic Re:Progress on layout
Now you have some much better pictures. Step 2 now:

Need more lighting. Get some fluorescent lights, like Torchier that will bounce off the ceiling but you could used some more light direct above (but make sure it is diffused).

On pictures with close and far, you have a narrow focus range. This is common in most cameras, primarily from low lighting. I won't go into how lense optics work in this post. Do you have an A mode on the camera ? This is for Aperature mode. If so, put the setting here and camera on a tripod (or stabile surface and use the timer). Look for a setting on the screen that either says f:8 or just a number like that. The higher numbers, the more depth-of-focus. F:22 would be nice, but normally only on an SLR type camera. F:8 is mega better than F:2.

Jeff
SF Bay Area Z

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds