Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, April 26, 2024

A bit of a BRASS REBEL

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #16513 by southernnscale
Replied by southernnscale on topic Re: A bit of a BRASS REBEL
:woohoo: I was talking to Pete from Germany and I fwd. this web page to you from pete we where talking about your brass rebel and the SW these motors have gears on each end they might work well with a 4-0-4!

www.lokmuseum.de/shopartikel.php?SWg1=Spur%20Z%20M%E4rklin&SWg2=&SArt=10011878&SBez=E211906%20M%E4rklin%20Motor%205polig&Seite=1&SID=156919924552&suchen=motor&suchSWg1=alle#

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #16569 by Zcratchman_Joe
Replied by Zcratchman_Joe on topic Re: A bit of a BRASS REBEL

stonysmith wrote:

Zcratchman_Joe wrote: Now would I have a problem with this printing in Polished Silver like I did a while back???

I made some additional updates to the shell such that it should now be accepted in Raw Silver.. they may still not like it for Polished Silver. They were concerned that polishing might remove all the details, but the Raw Silver shouldn't have that problem.

Apparently the polished Sterling Silver passed because it printed, it’s been polished, and is now in transit. It should be here in a few days. I'll let you know if the details didn't stand up to the polishing process.

Joe

More
10 years 4 months ago #16582 by Zcratchman_Joe
Wow! Got my Polished Silver Rebel in the mail today, and Wow! is all I got to say. Stony, now you have to get that GE25T to print in Silver as well. I plan to throw a chassis of Lajo’s under this Rebel and stick it in my curio cabinet with the other silver trinkets there... Maybe run it at Christmas. :cheer:

Joe
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernnscale

More
10 years 4 months ago #16583 by rvn2001
Replied by rvn2001 on topic Re: A bit of a BRASS REBEL
That does look awfully nice!! I hope you already have the chassis, though, since you can't buy them any more.

More
10 years 4 months ago #16584 by Zcratchman_Joe

rvn2001 wrote: That does look awfully nice!! I hope you already have the chassis, though, since you can't buy them any more.

Yes, I have a couple of chassis' sitting here somewhere. Here's hoping Lajos is able to bounce back soon.

Hey Stony, would Searails Powermax fit under this?

Joe

More
10 years 4 months ago #16585 by rvn2001
Joe, The PowerMax should fit under it. I have to add some thickness to the inside top of the hood to get the FUD version to sit at the right height. The PowerMax has a bracket with a hole that can be tapped for a 00-90 screw from the MTL body-mount couplers. I drill a hole through the top of the hood and hold the shell in place with it. I haven't tried any of the metal shells so they might have thicker walls and be smaller inside than the FUD version. All 3 of the Rebels I've done ride on the PowerMax units.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #16586 by garthah
Replied by garthah on topic Re: A bit of a BRASS REBEL
There is a adapter kit available from Republic Locomotive works that install two brass pieces or tabs to hold the 905 coupler in place on the chassis and those tabs can also be used to hold the shell in place on the power max using the same screw and you use to hold the coupler to the tabs will hold the shell in place. Republic Locomotive works also sells the power max. Marshall put a notice up on the NN3 list that he is headed to Hawaii for several weeks before Christmas and if you are ordering stuff to get your orders in early for Christmas delivery. while I can find the power max in the catalogue I could not find the adapter kit in the catalogue

regards Garth

cheerz Garth

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #16587 by rvn2001
I can't find the brackets on RLW's site either but if you go to the SeaRails site below and scroll down to the small picture of the PowerMax with the brackets installed you'll find a "Add to Cart" box which takes me to a Paypal page. It identifies the part as #E-4. I don't find a part #E-4 on the RLW site.

www.searails.com/powermax.html

Maybe ordering through SeaRails will get the order to RLW.......or you could just contact RLW and ask about the brackets.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #16589 by Zcratchman_Joe
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernnscale

More
10 years 4 months ago #16593 by pm-ger
Replied by pm-ger on topic Re: A bit of a BRASS REBEL
Hey that's a great look. Congratulation. Looking forward to see the drive system and see it on track

Time to create page: 0.281 seconds