Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Wednesday, May 01, 2024

SO, WHAT DID EVERYONE BUY FOR THEMSELVES FOR XMAS?

More
15 years 4 months ago #1122 by liltoot
SO,,, WHAT DID EVERONE BUY FOR THEMSELVES FOR XMAS???
i personally had to buy the latest 88292 mallet. its a beauty on hills, and runs very quietly!!
i also had to get one old set i ve been looking for,, and it was that lime green switcher with the carbide cars 81422. that lil lime green guy has eluded me for a year now, finally found him for a great price. HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS!!???....canada mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #1126 by Havoc
Nothing Z related, only a pipe organ...

More
15 years 4 months ago #1128 by Socalz44
A mallet and a pipe organ? Mike how about a picture? Me? I'll probably get the usual lump of coal. Happy Holidays, Jim CCRR:unsure:

More
15 years 4 months ago #1132 by tealplanes
Yes Jim,
Your coal sack should be arriving from me any moment now. This will save Gayle from buying you the usual she normally gives you.....Ha.

Just talked with Lee Barry back East and I told him he should have you make a layout for him similar to what you are doing for Mike. Lee doesn't have email so print some pictures out and send to him.

Merry Christmas
Loren

More
15 years 4 months ago #1133 by Socalz44
Thanks, Loren. Yes, it looks like layout number nine is in the works. Happy Holidays to you and Karin. Cheers, Jim CCRR:)

More
15 years 4 months ago #1134 by Dampflok
Not Z I regret to say, but see

www.spurweite-n.de/content/NDBSearch/ArtikelDetails.asp?ID=3924&DoLog=0&Sel_Bezeichnung_VString=&Sel_Gesellschaft_FString=&Sel_Baureihe_VString=&Sel_MitBild_Bool=&Sel_Hersteller_FString=Arnold&Sel_ArtikelNr_VString=0249&Sel_ORDERBY=Bezeichnung&Sel_Epoche_FString=&Sel_Gattung1_FString=&Sel_Gattung2_FString=&ToShow=1&MaxCount=2

(I hope that works. You may have to stitch it all together with a series of copy-and-pastes.)

Anyway, a happy Christmas to all and a prosperous new year (so that you can buy lots of Z scale trains),
Chris.

More
15 years 4 months ago #1137 by andyjbj
Also little z here, just the long wanted second 8772 to repaint as Czech InterCity. Long wanted Czech TT sleeper wagon with Prague skyline. Might be a nice Z conversion sometime, although I am delighted to have it in TT. Also some N passenger wagons from grandpa for Alinda.

More
15 years 4 months ago #1141 by Kelley
I got those pretty UP engines (I just cant bring myself to have them repainted) and I think a couple of MOPAC jeeps are on their way soon.!! Those will be my first US made engines and I think my rail road will run a lot smoother now.

More
15 years 4 months ago #1145 by Bobdocker
I got a lump of coal from John Mui. Oh yeah,... there was a CSX hopper attached to the coal...

More
15 years 4 months ago #1146 by shamoo737
Bobby, I am not cheap like Loren. You dont get just a sack of coal, you get a whole car load.LOL

More
15 years 4 months ago #1147 by tealplanes
Cheap?
I'll have you know I bought the best coal I could find for my dollar fifty......cheap indeed.

Only the finest will suffice.:laugh:
Loren

More
15 years 4 months ago #1148 by BillMock
Rats!
I should have bought some Hay Brothers coal. ;)
Bill

More
15 years 4 months ago #1181 by ausman2001
An 8850 (SBB Ae 6/6 electric loco), an 8813 (DB E44 Museum electric loco) and three passenger cars.

More
15 years 4 months ago #1182 by bambuko
liltoot wrote:

since there may be small kiddies reading this forum, I would like to ask admin to remove this thread - undermining the belief in Father Christmas, Santa Claus (or whatever you call him) should be forbidden ;)

More
15 years 4 months ago - 15 years 3 months ago #1183 by Socalz44
Chris, I would, but I don't think I should. Probably even Santa buys himself a present! As for kiddies reading our postings, probably not. The only member we have at this stage that even remotely believes in Santa is probably Loren. If you are referring to (xmas) I agree. I did try to change it, but we are not allowed titles that long. Santa will alway be real to me. So enjoy your presents and worry not. Cheers, Jim CCRR:S

More
15 years 3 months ago #1195 by ULie
bambuko wrote:

liltoot wrote:

since there may be small kiddies reading this forum, I would like to ask admin to remove this thread - undermining the belief in Father Christmas, Santa Claus (or whatever you call him) should be forbidden ;)

I will secod that, no way to prevent kiddies to read this thread. I didn't buy anything for X-mas yet
And I won't do any serious buying before next weekend, because I don't know what I will get for my birthday. I only know that my son is doing some secret stuff in Z...

GreetingZ, HilZen,

Uwe

More
15 years 3 months ago #1196 by shamoo737
Ellen and Thom came down for vacation, and after running trains in their modules, we went shopping. Ellen bought two train sets and a F7 set, and Thom bought a insiders train set. Between them, they must have spend over a thousand Dollars. Since I am the poor one of the group, I bought a pack of leds to light up my buildings.

More
15 years 3 months ago #1197 by kvp
I just went to the weekly model train flea market before christmas (21. dec.) and bought the whole z stock. :) (that means a lone 8831 railbus and a 8755 rebuilt coach).

More
15 years 3 months ago #1198 by ztrack
I bought 32' of hard board (homoste) to complete the back drops on the home layout. I also purchased another roll of cork for the road bed. This may not sound exciting, but I am happy just to have some time to work on the layout!

Happy New Year!
Rob

More
15 years 3 months ago - 15 years 3 months ago #1202 by Socalz44
I didn't exactly buy this for myself for Christmas, but it arrived close enough that I though I would share this with you. I just painted it. Decals later. The loco is one of Lajos' SW-1's. Thank you Lajos. Cheers, Jim CCRR
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.358 seconds