Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Saturday, May 04, 2024

LaZing DecalZ

More
14 years 9 months ago #5450 by Kelley
LaZing DecalZ was created by Kelley
a QUESTION FOR ALL THE LAZZZZY FOLKS OUT THERE!!
Has anyone tried to lase decals or decal paper?:huh: Im thinking setting up a pattern..and lazing a white decal sheet???.:dry: hOW ABOUT Laseing stuff you dont want..maybe backwards writing for windows? Would the stuff just bubble and burn? :unsure: Could you cut through the paper or just te layer of film? How complicated a patterN could one cut?:side: could one seperate what you wnat on your model from the waste? How small could one do this? THANKS!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #5451 by David K. Smith
Replied by David K. Smith on topic Re:LaZing DecalZ
Robert Ray has successfully lasered decals, IIRC.

More
14 years 9 months ago #5453 by RRAY
Replied by RRAY on topic Re:LaZing DecalZ
It works. I use the laser to precut decals, and you can get pretty close to edges of a printed decal.

You can probably cut down to about .010" thick lines, and just scribe through the decal film, leaving the paper in tact, but when you try to pick up the decal with tweezers, it tends to wrap around the tweezer tip into a ball of gloop. I tried it. But it can make straight stripes about .010" wide and 1" long, then you can lift with the tweezers ok. Curvy stuff gives grief.

-Robert

More
14 years 9 months ago #5454 by Kelley
Replied by Kelley on topic Re:LaZing DecalZ
Ok thanks..so no tiny stars or writing or fancy work??.. must be some way.. I need some tiny stars in all kind os sizes..Guess I will look at miltary wargaming decals. Thought I got a brains storm, but its a drizzle.

More
14 years 9 months ago #5459 by RRAY
Replied by RRAY on topic Re:LaZing DecalZ
The tiny stars can be cut out, but it would be very hard, like maybe 1 in 10 would be able to be applied without balling up. you need extra clear decal film around the white star to make the decal big enough to apply.

-Robert

More
14 years 9 months ago #5460 by andyjbj
Replied by andyjbj on topic Re:LaZing DecalZ
are you making some Nacht Zug, Kelley? I see one in my future so this is interesting to me....

More
14 years 9 months ago #5466 by Kelley
Replied by Kelley on topic Re:LaZing DecalZ
No I'll never be good enough to make a car let alone a whole train (German night train would be realllly cool..nice blue colors if im thinking of the right one..)
No I need some tiny white stars for a project.. got some military vehicles for 70's paintscheme planed for my German stuff. Thats one reason
I dont need a lot..just some in different sizes to see what looks right.
Other reason was just to see if anyone tried cutting decals with a laser to shape, as we all have a need for some kind of writing or whatever, in white, and I thought that could be a solution. Like shop windows....

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds