Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Saturday, May 04, 2024

Proto87 to offer Z turnout kits and track

More
14 years 10 months ago #5338 by SJ-BAZ-man
Proto87 to offer Z turnout kits and track was created by SJ-BAZ-man
Andy of Proto87, the HO manufacturer, posted on Z-Bend Track that he was planning to produce Z turnout kits and track laying material. Check out the following link:

www.proto87.com/page154.html

This would be sweet to have another way to build turnouts but he's proposing other track laying materials too ! CNC'd frogs, points, rail, etc. !

Make sure you ping pack so he knows we are interested !

Jeff
SF Bay Area Z

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #5340 by HoboTim
Replied by HoboTim on topic Re:Proto87 to offer Z turnout kits and track
Indeed, this is a great announcement for Z!!!

I've been thinking about z track laying for some time. If this is comparable to the other track laying company or substancially cheaper, then my thoughts will be more into laying my own track!!! Crossing my fingers!!!

Hobo Tim

More
14 years 10 months ago #5343 by zmon
Thanks Jeff, for the news. I hope these guys can make it with Z... i know that Fast Track's doesn't sell very much of their Z line, but it sure is nice to have, and i love my handbuild turnouts for sure. CNC'ed frogs and points would be very cool to have. I'll keep an eye out for these guys for sure..

Tony B...
Wasatch Z ClubB)

More
14 years 10 months ago #5344 by andyjbj
Replied by andyjbj on topic Re:Proto87 to offer Z turnout kits and track
This looks indeed very, very optimistic for Z.

More
14 years 9 months ago #5356 by HoboTim
Replied by HoboTim on topic Re:Proto87 to offer Z turnout kits and track
I mentioned this topic to Jeffrey White last night when he called. He had some questions but his outlook was extremely positive.

Whom ever dives into this first please post multiple photos and massive text to go with it on Pro's/Con's of this system compared to Fast Tracks system!!!

Hobo Tim :)

More
14 years 9 months ago #5357 by RRAY
I have already invested heavily into the Fast Tracks system for turnouts, but their etched frogs look like a real timesaver.

As far as the track itself, my own handlaid flextrack method works great and economically, just have to keep the track out of direct sunlight die to expansion warpage issues.

-Robert

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds