15 years 2 weeks ago #3796 by tealplanes
Replied by tealplanes on topic Re:The Official Z PBL Challenge Thread
Fred wrote:

Hope Timmymannytoes does'nt catcth my carrier PARROT
Bosun von Chessabeak the III- Chessie for short

Fred,
I think your bird would eat Karin's cat:laugh:
Loren

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #3797 by tealplanes
Replied by tealplanes on topic Re:The Official Z PBL Challenge Thread
Bev,
Sounds good to me.
Now all you good and not so good modelers get yur butts in gear and let's make the grocers wonder where all that peanut butter is going and why?:unsure:

PS.....Does it matter if it is creamy or crunchy?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Loren

More
15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #3801 by ULie
Replied by ULie on topic Re:The Official Z PBL Challenge Thread
Hello Beverly,
Beverly56 wrote:

...create a Z diorama that they are personally proud of...

...where we can be ourselves in the acts of creating our personal masterpieces, however masterful they are.

This is a important point. There have been contests in the past where I didn't even think about entering, just because of the voting that had to come. With the voting there is always a messuring against a standard that a person maybe can't reach. At least not yet. And when you get a low number of points it might not't help to start the next project. In Z-PBL Challenge as it is now everyone just has to compete against his/her own skills, and advancing those skills in the process.

In my case I will try not only to do so myself, but maybe I can get my wife and my son to it too. At least I hope I can do so. Time will tell.

GreetingZ, HilZen,

Uwe

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #3830 by Kelley
Replied by Kelley on topic Re:The Official Z PBL Challenge Thread
Dohhh..Right now I am working on 4 of them at once...perhaps 5.. I am only about an hours work from one of them being done...for the last 4 days sun is shining and perfect photo weather too.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #3831 by Beverly56
Replied by Beverly56 on topic Re:The Official Z PBL Challenge Thread
Kelley,

You ARE the man! I can hardly wait to see your many creations :) Please post a few photos of your work on the Z PBL thread at ZFE to spark more interest there B)

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #3833 by Kelley
Computer crashed..I rebooted..I lost everything..Music, Pictures, documents..I dont know what to do..Program that I used to edit pictures, (Office) They want the code that I dont have anymore ..Have the disk but not the code..office screwed.. Anyway..I made some pics of my PBL project.I just cant figure out how to re size them because my program is gone. Kaputtt.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #3834 by TerryH
Replied by TerryH on topic Re:The Official Z PBL Challenge Thread
Kelley, when you say office program are you referring to Microsoft Office or Open Office or another Office program? Wish I were there, nearly impossible to advise you without seeing what is on your system. Open Office is freeware, and GIMP is also a freeware graphics editor. Google both to find them if your looking for replacement programs. Email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I'll advise you the best I can given any information you supply me. Also I can be found on MSN and Skype at that email also. I use AVAST anti virus program which is also free for the Home addition. Your documents may still be on your hard drive, do a search for *.doc to see if you can locate them. *.jpg for pictures, etc.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #3836 by Kelley
So where do we put the pictures? Here or leave them in the gallery?

More
15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #3837 by TerryH
Replied by TerryH on topic Re:The Official Z PBL Challenge Thread
Kelley, click on Gallery then Add Photos / Categories and then click New Picture and select ~Z PBL Challenge.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #3838 by Kelley
Ok finally got that done.. Now I have to figure out, how to get them on the European site!!

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #3840 by Beverly56
Kelley,

I'm so glad to see your first entry in the Z PBL Challenge Gallery B)

There is an "Insert Image" icon on the ZFE when you're creating a post. A box will ask you for the URL of an image. I use images from my website, but I'm guessing that you can copy the address of your images in your gallery and paste them into the box. I hope it works that way. Good luck! I'll be looking for your images there :)

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #3857 by Fred
Replied by Fred on topic Re:The Official Z PBL Challenge Thread
Beverly- I posted 4 pictures of the Tunnel Tree.This was originally inspired by the PBL challenge in the other scales.
A couple of problems may arise.. The comments do not transfer to PBL. To the casual observer, a lot of Kelley's details may go unnoticed like the skunk and the overall theme.
Also maybe something to EASILY transfer entries to other PBL contest sites. Or have this the main site and have others post here.
Fred

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #3858 by Beverly56
Fred,

Glad to see you post THE TREE in the Z PBL Challenge. How about entering a new work for the Challenge as well?

I don't understand what you mean when you say, "comments do not transfer to PBL." What comments don't transfer and to what PBL? Sorry if I am a bit dense this morning :blink:

I don't know what to do about the possibility of folks missing the details and theme of Kelley's first diorama. Perhaps if his photos could highlight some of these details, we might see them better? Or if he described the theme in greater detail, those who are unaware of the Beverly Hillbillies connection may understand?

Since the ZCS board is hosting the Z PBL Challenge, entrants need to post photos of their entries in the ZCS gallery, though people can post photos of anything they want anywhere they want - including photos of their Z PBL Challenge dioramas. It would be cool, I think, for people to post their Z BPL Challenge photos everywhere but include a link to the ZCS board where the actual Challenge is being held and where their Official Z PBL Challenge photos will be located.

I hope to have answered your question :)

More
15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #3859 by Fred
On the ZBL Chalenge gallery- under the picture- it shows 0 comments- I didn't scroll down far enough to see comments- my bad - but it is a little confusing- doesn't take much for me to get confused. So that problem is cured. It's a learning process.
Will other Z friends who post on other sites see ZCS entries? Or does each entrant have to search out other sites, I think Kelley mentioned ZFE? I would hope to find one location so we all could see each others work and imagination.
I was going to put a 9 (18 up and down ) hole miniature golf course running down the trunk and several other trick stuff- double decker outhouse and limb surfers- a cantilevered treehouse etc... but am stuck on other projects.
Fred

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #3862 by Beverly56
Hi Fred,

Glad you fixed the first problem B)

Only people who are members of ZCS can see the photos in the ZCS galleries and threads. The person who set up the board made it that way for security purposes - which excludes the casual surfer from seeing the good stuff the board has to offer. So if a person wants to enter the Official Z PBL Challenge, they have to become a member. Of course, anyone on any board can make a diorama in a peanut butter or other lid, but they won't be counted in the Official Z PBL Challenge unless they are members who post up to four (4) photos of their entries in the Z PBL Gallery on this board. Does that make sense, or have I confused the issue even more?!?

More
15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #3863 by Fred
gotcha !:) That's good- expands the ZCS membership base.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #3868 by Kelley
Hi all.
I tried to take as many shots as I can, but the camera can only focus on so many. You see Ellie and the Skunk but not Jed and Jethro and the truck. I will try to put a better description on the pictures. I had originally posted them in the gallery under files, and later posted them in the correct place. Since most people seen them in my files first, there was most of the comments. Although I took many pictures, I posted the same 4 in both places, thinking it would be unfair to post additional or different pictures, trying to stay in the spirit of the rules.
Now that I know what to do my next work will be posted in the proper place. It will not be so "Busy" with details and should be easier to photograph. It should be up by tomorrow or so.
Thanks all for being patient with me. Thanks for the help and suggestions with my computer too, as, thank goodness, I recovered the pics I thought were lost forever.
Kelley

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #3869 by spyder62
Replied by spyder62 on topic Re:The Official Z PBL Challenge Thread
I'll kick in a prize also . Your pick of a Hotel, Feed and Seed or Station
This sounds like fun.
rich

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #3870 by Beverly56
Hi Rich,

There are no prizes for the Z PBL Challenge. Please read the Official RuleZ on the first post of this thread, as well as the following quote for more information regarding why there are no prizes for the Z PBL Challenge:

Beverly56 wrote:

tealplanes wrote:

Hey Bev,
Have you thought of offering prizes? I think it would generate more interest and participation. Everyone likes to work toward a reward.

I'll offer up one prize and I'll bet Karin would too.

Hey Loren,

Thank you and Karin for your very kind gestures of offering prizes for the Z PBL Challenge :)

Yes, I thought long and hard while I was making up the Official RuleZ if there should be prizes or not.

My personal thoughts are that the world is a very competitive place, but we don't need to compete in all areas of our lives. Fun can be about the act of creating and sharing our creations with others, not necessarily about winning (or losing) contests. I'm not anti-competition, but the Official Z PBL Challenge RuleZ have been published (and translated) in several places throughout the Z world. I don't have the energy or inclination to change them at this point.

I'd rather spend my time encouraging folks to take hold of the Z PBL Challenge and create a Z diorama that they are personally proud of. Each person who enters the Challenge is really entering into a challenge between themselves, the Z scale medium and the constraints of a 3 1/2" diameter diorama. How, what and why a person chooses to model is as important as the decision to enter the Challenge at all.

I hope this thread will be the place where we can discuss our dioramas in the larger sense such as where our inspirations come from and what personal attachments we have with the dioramas we choose to share with the world. I hope this thread is where photos of our works in progress can be shared and where we can be ourselves in the acts of creating our personal masterpieces, however masterful they are.

I expect to see entries that are superbly crafted by the best the Z world has to offer. I expect to see novice modelers crafting their first dioramas in Z and achieving goals they never thought they'd accomplish. I also expect to see entrants who are in every category between expert and novice. To judge these various entrants by one standard is unfair I think, and may discourage novices from gaining their wings in this one Challenge, the Z PBL Challenge!

All that said, I hope to be around when you and Karin give prizes in other challenges or contests. Your prizes are always great B)

I hope you offer your prizes for the next challenge or contest.
Please join in the fun of the Z PBL Challenge by submitting an entry or two :)

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #3872 by spyder62
Replied by spyder62 on topic Re:The Official Z PBL Challenge Thread
Ok, No problem maybe the next time around.
rich

Time to create page: 0.351 seconds