Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Saturday, May 04, 2024

Mating MTL Micro Track turnouts to Marklin track.

More
15 years 1 month ago #3458 by tealplanes
Hey folks.............need input here.

I sold a pair of MTL Micro Track turnouts to a customer and now he says........

"Hi-I received the Z switches today and find that they do not connect to my Marklin track because the rail with the connector of the switch does not accommodate the Marklin rail without a connector that has a black tie right up to the end with a slot in it. Do you have a suggestion?"

Anyone have an idea of what this means? I'm not totally ignorant, but I don't use Micro Track so haven't a clue as to what to tell this customer.

The one who helps me find an answer to help my customer will receive absolutely nothing as a reward, except the satisfaction of knowing you helped me help my customer.

Ought to be worth at least $50,000, right?....but I'm fresh out of 50 thou bills :(

Loren

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #3461 by ULie
Hello Loren,

could it be that he means the small knobs (Sorry I don't know the English word her, in German I would say "Kleineisennachbildung") that holds the rail to the ties at the Maerklin tracks? Then maybe he has to cut of those knobs away from the rail with an xacto to get the railjoiner under the rail.
He also should remove the roadbed jouĂ­ner at the connection between the MTL and the Maerklin track.

GreetingZ, HilZen,

Uwe

More
15 years 1 month ago #3462 by jlundy46
Hi Loren,
I just took a MTL turnout and connected a piece of Marklin track to it. You have to remove the plastic connector that is under the rail joiner on MTL track for it to work.

Hope this helps.

John

More
15 years 1 month ago #3464 by tealplanes
Thanks guys.......I've forwarded your responses to the customer.
I'll let you know if your answers soothed the customer.

Best,
Loren

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds