Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Saturday, April 20, 2024

NTS 2010

More
13 years 9 months ago #9428 by ejshelton
NTS 2010 was created by ejshelton
Just back from NTS and I was disappointed by the lack of Zscale layouts. Mr Dave was there along with one small modular set-up. I don't know why the Wiz kids weren't there.....I suppose its possible they were turned down for some reason. If we had known no one was planning to show the Midwezt Haulerz would have brought our modules. There was tons of HO and a lot of N. If we want the Manufacturers to make more Z we need to be at the shows such as this one. Seeing few Z layouts tells them that there is not the interest we are trying to tell them exists. Just a rant from one who has been showing Z all over the midwezt trying to publicize our scale: and show that it is more than briefcases and coffee tables. Thanks for listening

Ellen
Indianapolis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #9429 by mhommer
Replied by mhommer on topic Re:NTS 2010
I agree that several of the local shows I have attended seem to have a lack of Z presence. I would love to do my part and show. I have been unable to find any other Z modelers or clubs here in the NJ area. Do you know of any? There is a WGH show in the area in Feb 2011 that might be a good timing to try and organize something.

More
13 years 9 months ago #9430 by Fred
Replied by Fred on topic Re:NTS 2010
I also noticed that we have only added 6 new members ( mostly inactive) in the past two months. I would have thought, with the big train shows, that that number should increase. None after NTS. I have to give the groups that DO show Z a lot of credit, It's a lot of work ( and Playtime) testing thier Time, Tallent,Treasury, and Tinkering.
Fred

More
13 years 9 months ago #9431 by Bobdocker
Replied by Bobdocker on topic Re:NTS 2010
Kudos to Ellen and Thom. They have been carrying the Z flag in St. Louis and around the midwest. Hopefully I can get out and help them wave the Z banner soon.bh

More
13 years 8 months ago #9456 by garthah
Replied by garthah on topic Re:NTS 2010
www.flickr.com/photos/45367638@N03/

The aboue link is to my collection of photo's from the Milwaukee NMRA National Train Show Last Weekend.

Mostly Z but not exclusively so.

cheerz Garth

cheerz Garth

More
13 years 8 months ago #9457 by ejshelton
Replied by ejshelton on topic Re:NTS 2010
Thanks Garth. Very good pics. What was there was fantastic and you did a great job showing what was there. I still wish there could have been more. The Z was overpowered by the large HO and N layouts. I guess I expected us to live up to that which we have done in many past shows. Hopefully we can do better in the future. In the meantime the Midwezt Haulerz will be at the GTE in Bellville, Il on the 31st of July and the 1st of August.
Ellen

More
13 years 8 months ago #9459 by garthah
While crewing Mr Dave's big layout the Golden ~ Blackhawk & Central City we got out the Veranda Turbine and ran it on the layout for several hours over the course of the weekend and we were all amazed at how smoothly it ran with its MTL GP heart and followed by a UP GP35 and hauling a string of cars.

Here are a bunch of short video clips to view.

cheerz Garth

cheerz Garth

More
13 years 8 months ago #9465 by garthah
Added a few more pictures to this collection

cheerz Garth

garthah wrote:

www.flickr.com/photos/45367638@N03/

The aboue link is to my collection of photo's from the Milwaukee NMRA National Train Show Last Weekend.

Mostly Z but not exclusively so.

cheerz Garth

cheerz Garth

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #9466 by Fred
Replied by Fred on topic Re:NTS 2010
Garth,
Thanks for Posting these pictures-- Best I've seen of Mr. Dave's layout and crew!! It's
a great layout so infrequently seen on the Z sites.
Fred

Time to create page: 0.256 seconds