Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, April 26, 2024

Rogue Valley Train Show, Medford Oregon

More
15 years 4 months ago - 15 years 4 months ago #827 by jlundy46
Rogue Valley Train Show, Medford Oregon was created by jlundy46
The Rogue Valley Train Show was this Saturday and Sunday at the Medford, OR National Guard Armory. All scales were represented and there were lots of vendors, including, of course, the home town Micro Trains folks. I was impressed with the large turnout for the show. Z scale was represented by members of the Southern Oregon Z (SOZ) and Cascade Z Modelers (CZM). Attendees were Loren and Karin Snyder, Steve and Gail Schulman, and Joe D'Amato (SOZ) and Terry and Helen Sutfin and John and Patti Lundy (CZM). Loren, Steve and Joe had modules (including Steve's NTS award winning module) set up and BYOZ included Terry's Poorville-Debt City Railway, Karin's Dizzyland, and John's Pro Z diorama. The group was joined for Saturday night dinner by Rich and Tricia Shepard (of RS Laser fame). Medford is in a beautiful area and has many scenic wonders and lots of shopping opportunities. We had a great time and I will be uploading pics in the John's Z scale category.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #832 by Socalz44
Replied by Socalz44 on topic Re:Rogue Valley Train Show, Medford Oregon
John, Looks like you all had a great time. Thanks for the photos. It is nice to put the faces to the names. Cheers, Jim CCRR:)

More
15 years 4 months ago #835 by zthek
Replied by zthek on topic Re:Rogue Valley Train Show, Medford Oregon
Congratulations. Train shows are the best place for Z. Home layout quality modules, small, portable layouts, dioramas are the great advantage of Z. I can't imagine any other way possible to show your great achievements to thosusands and thousands of people. I think it should be mandatory; every Z-scaler must have a module, a small layout or diorama and they must take it to at least three train shows every year... :0) ...I'm serious!

Lajos:)

More
15 years 4 months ago #836 by jlundy46
Replied by jlundy46 on topic Re:Rogue Valley Train Show, Medford Oregon
Hi Lajos,
I guess I need to get going on my module ;>) I used your controller with my Pro Z diorama and it worked great. I also use it with my oval of track in my office. Productive work is so boring.

John

More
15 years 4 months ago #837 by spyder62
Replied by spyder62 on topic Re:Rogue Valley Train Show, Medford Oregon
Was a great show and Z scale sure showed the other scale how to do it, they always had a crowd around the layouts. We had a good time and enjoyed the dinner meeting everyone.
rich
rslaserkits

More
15 years 4 months ago #841 by JR59
Thank you so much for sharing this pictures! Much appreciated!

More
15 years 4 months ago #843 by Fred
What Jurg said! :)

More
15 years 4 months ago #853 by craZ13
Replied by craZ13 on topic Re:Rogue Valley Train Show, Medford Oregon
What Fred said!:)

More
15 years 4 months ago #854 by zthek
Replied by zthek on topic Re:Rogue Valley Train Show, Medford Oregon
Another show coming this weekend in Ventura (Fairgrounds), California. This will be the first ever in the region, so we (ZoCal and the leading exhiBAZonist Jim Manley) decided, go. No enormeous size display, but good enough to test the water. We'll keep you updated, and if you're in the neighborhood, stop by. Z moduleZ rule!

Lajos:)

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds