Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Thursday, April 25, 2024

GTE at Del Mar (San Diego)

More
14 years 4 months ago #6996 by Socalz44
GTE at Del Mar (San Diego) was created by Socalz44
ZoCal was represented and showing at the Del Mar show this weekend. We had 14 modules from seven people. There were seven of us there. I finally had Don Fedjur install a chip into my GP-9 and so for an hour or so I got to run trains with the boys. I really like DCC and if I wasn't all steam I would change over. To much money and hassle. My first two hours at the show was spent reparing different modules and straightening trees. Not good for much else! My back can't handle much standing so I made trees and talked up Z to the patrons. I'm sure a good time was had by all today. Sorry no pics. Too busy. Cheers, Jim CCRR:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #6998 by craZ13
Replied by craZ13 on topic Re:GTE at Del Mar (San Diego)
JIM NO PICTURES!?
Hard to believe one of our best photographers didn't take pictures:(

Glad to hear you had a good time running trains.:)

Jerry
B)

More
14 years 4 months ago #7000 by Socalz44
Replied by Socalz44 on topic Re:GTE at Del Mar (San Diego)
Jerry, My bad, sorry.:blush: Cheers, Jim CCRR

More
14 years 4 months ago #7001 by Mr.JA
Replied by Mr.JA on topic Re:GTE at Del Mar (San Diego)
Socalz44 wrote:

My bad...

I apologize for hi-jacking this thread, but... What is the meaning of this term? :huh: Seriously, I don't know it or understand it's use. :blush:

More
14 years 4 months ago #7005 by Socalz44
Alex, 'my bad', means 'my fault'. Welcome to the '80's. Cheers, Jim CCRR:woohoo:

More
14 years 4 months ago #7006 by tealplanes
Replied by tealplanes on topic Re:GTE at Del Mar (San Diego)
TechRep wrote:

Socalz44 wrote:

My bad...

I apologize for hi-jacking this thread, but... What is the meaning of this term? :huh: Seriously, I don't know it or understand it's use. :blush:

Alex, Me thinks you need to get out more and learn this modern lingo a bit. 'My bad' is the new hip way to say 'my fault' as Jim points out. And yes, we always blame Jim for every snafu that occurs in Z scale on the West coast. Someone has to go to prison.......

Now I know you are probably going to tell me to 'chill out' a bit, right? ;)

Loren

More
14 years 4 months ago #7008 by SJ-BAZ-man
Replied by SJ-BAZ-man on topic Re:GTE at Del Mar (San Diego)
Jim ! DCC?:blink: Awesome ! Are you pulling some of those great older cars ? Your next trick is to DCC a steamer so you can take everyone back to your era, something sorely missing at the shows.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #7009 by Socalz44
Jeff, Yes, DCC is too cool. I'm trying to talk Don F. into doing one of my Marklin locos. I guess he'll put the decoder in the tender and loco and tender will become permenantly coupled. Cheers, Jim CCRR:)

More
14 years 4 months ago #7013 by SJ-BAZ-man
Replied by SJ-BAZ-man on topic Re:GTE at Del Mar (San Diego)
The Digitrax DZ125 fits under the cab roof, top of the motor, for super easy wiring. So does the Lenz Silver Mini. Fits better, but they default the BEMF (load compensation) and Momentum on. Make sure you at least program the Momentum Off ! (CV 3 & 4 to 0 ) or every time it hits a dead spot, it will SLOWLY restart itself.

The Digitrax is rated at 1A, 1.25A Peak. WAY more than enough. The Lenz is 0.5A running, 0.8 Stall, like NCE's. The Märklin Permanent Magnet motors, like the old MTL F7s, can draw >>>0.2A running. Compare to the modern Coreless motors at <<<0.1A. My Brass AZL E7's draw <.03 A, even as heavy as they are or stalled ! They can run on the solar powered set for several hours (without sun) off the internal 'transistor radio' 9V battery.

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds