Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, April 19, 2024

Dortmund

More
14 years 11 months ago #4339 by Kelley
Dortmund was created by Kelley
Hi
I was at the big show in Dortmund Germany this last week (models of all kinds, boats,planes,trains,plastic, ect ect).
I didn't catch the first or last day, but caught about 2 1/2 days of it. It was HUGH, and there was a ton of Z to see!
I finally met the folks of Z Friends Europe, where I was totally welcomed. They also let me display my peanut butter lid diorama.
There is not just an interest in American models in Z but also in American models in general. There were European clubs that modeled nothing but US Navy ships, as well as fans of American trucks, hand built, in large scale.
Being a "real" American, I was asked dozens of questions from people who wanted to know "did we get it right" .
I didn't get a lot of pictures, but I met a lot of nice people, and some very passionate Z scalers and their amazing models. (A working sawmill!!!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #4342 by Beverly56
Replied by Beverly56 on topic Re:Dortmund
Kelley,

We saw the photo of your Z PBL diorama on the ZFE thread related to the show. It was so cool to see it there B)

I really liked the square layout that was under Plexiglas (or the European version thereof) and beautifully finished. What can you tell me that layout?

Glad you had fun!

More
14 years 11 months ago #4380 by SJ-BAZ-man
Replied by SJ-BAZ-man on topic Re:Dortmund
I was in Oslo and Hamburg and was hoping to extend my trip but work did not come thru. If I had known about the Dortmund show only being the next weekend after my Oslo - Hamburg trip, I would have booked thru !!! SUCKS !!!

More
14 years 11 months ago #4395 by Socalz44
Replied by Socalz44 on topic Re:Dortmund
Jeff, I wish you would have taken me along. Cheers, Jim CCRR:(

More
14 years 11 months ago #4396 by loadmaster
Replied by loadmaster on topic Re:Dortmund
Jim,

Maybe next year as there is also the Z scale show in Genese(?), Germany a week before Oslo then Dortmund the following week. That would be 2 or 3 week of great train ridding plus a visit to Minatur Wonderland.

Robert

Running Tweezer Trains
on the Left Coast

More
14 years 11 months ago #4402 by ULie
Replied by ULie on topic Re:Dortmund

Z scale show in Genese(?), Germany

That is Geseke near Paderborn...

it will be the third Z-meeting there in 2010.

GreetingZ, HilZen,

Uwe

More
14 years 11 months ago #4421 by Mattias
Replied by Mattias on topic Re:Dortmund
Hi Beverly,
this layout with the hundreds (thousands?) of lights was built by Piero, a Swiss Z-Friend.
Mattias

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #4422 by Kelley
Replied by Kelley on topic Re:Dortmund
Thanks Mattias..I couldn't remember his name.
I think I have some pictures of his layout here..
www.zcentralstation.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=57&func=view&catid=7&id=519

More
14 years 11 months ago #4423 by Mattias
Replied by Mattias on topic Re:Dortmund
That´s right, Kelley. He has been in Sindelfingen as well. Beverly, you could also browse the Z-Friends-forum and search for Geseke 2008, I´m sure there are a couple of pictures as well.
Mattias

More
14 years 11 months ago #4428 by Beverly56
Kelley,

Great link!

Here are a few short slide shows from a train show in Zell 2008 - at least I think that's what it says :)

Mattias,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've already found some threads with photos :)

More
14 years 11 months ago #4433 by loadmaster
I just finished spending over an hour maybe 2 looking over that German Club's website. I also reviewed the leads to other sites and the members' home layouts, WOW I am very impressed as what many modelers can accomplish.

Thank you for sharing that site. I have bookmarked it and will be reviewing it again and again. I also found VELMO that offers DCC circuit boards that appear to be just drop in which tweeks my interest in DCC if only for 1 or 2 engines.

Robert
Modeling Twezzer Trains
on the Left Coast

More
14 years 11 months ago #4442 by Beverly56
Robert,

Any links that you can post to specific sites would be greatly appreciated :) TIA :)

More
14 years 11 months ago #4443 by SJ-BAZ-man
Replied by SJ-BAZ-man on topic Re:Dortmund
Velmo has drop-in's for the Märklin F7 or Euro type locos. But they cost ~$75. It doesn't take that much work to install a wired decoder in place although obviuosly harder and more complicated for some than just doing the drop-in. Sometimes it is worth the cost, even for me.

www.velmo.de/html/products.html

Jeff
SF Bay Area Z

More
14 years 11 months ago #4450 by loadmaster
Jeff,

I was thinking about my 2 GG-1's and they also have boards for the Maerklin "Flying Hamburger" 88870, 88871, 88872 and I have all three so I have the complete family plus that 4 car VT rail car set. His circuit boards also provide lighting inside all cars.

Robert

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds