Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Thursday, April 25, 2024

Z ('Nn3') at N-scale Collectors Convention

More
11 years 9 months ago #13908 by SJ-BAZ-man
Z ('Nn3') at N-scale Collectors Convention was created by SJ-BAZ-man
The local Southern Oregon Z group, along with the Cascade Z Scale and BAZ BoyZ were invited to set up a layout at the 20th N-scale Collectors Convention in Medford this past few days. There were 2 simple N scale layouts, a long oval from T-Trak on bare substrate, unattended and an larger 4x8 size with 1/2 white layered 'winter' scene foam and 1/2 with simple scenery details on 3 level loop tracks.

Essentially NO N-scale representation, like past Conventions. The combined 20 Z scale modules took up the bulk of the lower level, minimally attended room shared with the Contest and very low attended clinics, except for Joe D'Amato's weathering and David K Smith's modeling in miniature.

As Mickie and I leave, we see a newspaper article. The picture is familiar. It is Jerry Craig's CP locos on the Z modules. The article states the BAZ BoyZ group (we had the sign over our modules) and the 220 times smaller than real life. Only ONE sentence about N-scale.

Read the article: tinyurl.com/7fjblmv

It was fun tho.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #13928 by Fred
It was interesting to see how the two scales rated the Medford show--Hardly recognizing Z and awed by the N stuff. Got the reactions on Train Board.

More
11 years 9 months ago #13952 by GNFan
It took me way too long, but I have finally posted photos of the N-scale convention, in three parts:

Z-scale modules on display at the convention

The "Parade of Trains" at Train Mountain

An excursion (all Z-scalers!) at Train Mountain

All are in albums at: gnfan.shutterfly.com/

(There are others as well, but these three are within this thread's topic.)

MKS

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds