Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, April 19, 2024

Moderne Zeiten. FRED`s in Aktion

More
13 years 4 months ago #10095 by z-bahner
Moderne Zeiten. FRED`s in Aktion was created by z-bahner
Hallo Z-Freunde,
anbei ein Video von den FRED-Bausteinen, Made bei Oliver Passmann, eingebaut in ein Highcube Boxcar einen Bethgon und einen Cylindrical Hopper.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #10096 by garthah
Replied by garthah on topic Re: Moderne Zeiten. FRED`s in Aktion
Hi-Z Friends
Attached below is a video of the FRED blocks, made by Oliver Passmann incorporated into a Highcube boxcar, a Bethgon, and a Cylindrical Hopper.

z-bahner wrote:

Hallo Z-Freunde,
anbei ein Video von den FRED-Bausteinen, Made bei Oliver Passmann, eingebaut in ein Highcube Boxcar einen Bethgon und einen Cylindrical Hopper.

cheerz Garth

More
13 years 4 months ago #10097 by HoboTim
Replied by HoboTim on topic Re: Moderne Zeiten. FRED`s in Aktion
Those FRED's look awesome!!! Flash rate looks good!

I just have one question!

Can the brightness be toned down a few notches? They are way too bright for proto FRED's in my opinion. I know we are dealing with 220 times smaller than real life but...... I have planned on getting a few of these. Just hope the brightness can be turned lower. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Hobo Tim :huh:

More
13 years 4 months ago #10098 by garthah
HoboTim wrote:

Those FRED's look awesome!!! Flash rate looks good!

I just have one question!

Can the brightness be toned down a few notches? They are way too bright for proto FRED's in my opinion. I know we are dealing with 220 times smaller than real life but...... I have planned on getting a few of these. Just hope the brightness can be turned lower. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Hobo Tim :huh:

The brightness can always be turned down with reduced current which means add a resister. To do that you need to experiment or know the luminance of the LED versus current then you can choose a resistor based on your voltage to get the correct current.

cheerz Garth

cheerz Garth

More
13 years 4 months ago #10106 by z-bahner
Replied by z-bahner on topic Re: Moderne Zeiten. FRED`s in Aktion
Hallo HoboTim,
wie garthah richtig geschrieben hat ist mit einem Widerstand die Helligkeit zu reduzieren. Ich werde jedoch eine andere Variante nutzen und den Lichtkörper der LED mit schwarzer Farbe behandeln. Ziel ist es den Lichtaustritt zu verkleinern. Hierzu müssen die Seiten der LED schwarz gestrichen werden. Auch die Hauptaustrittsfläche muss etwas geschwärzt werden, so das nur noch etwa eine Fläche von 0,2-0,3mm im Quadrat als Lichtaustritt übrig bleibt. B)

More
13 years 4 months ago #10107 by garthah
z-bahner wrote:

Hallo HoboTim,
wie garthah richtig geschrieben hat ist mit einem Widerstand die Helligkeit zu reduzieren. Ich werde jedoch eine andere Variante nutzen und den Lichtkörper der LED mit schwarzer Farbe behandeln. Ziel ist es den Lichtaustritt zu verkleinern. Hierzu müssen die Seiten der LED schwarz gestrichen werden. Auch die Hauptaustrittsfläche muss etwas geschwärzt werden, so das nur noch etwa eine Fläche von 0,2-0,3mm im Quadrat als Lichtaustritt übrig bleibt. B)

Hello HoboTim,
Garth has written correctly to reduce the brightness with a resistor. I will, however, use
another variation and paint the body of the LED light with black paint. The goal is decrease the light output by reducing the lens opening through which the light passes. For this, the sides an top of the of the LED are painted black except for a small area of 0.2-0.3 mm square through which the light is allowed to pass.

z-bahner

translation
cheerz Garth

cheerz Garth

More
13 years 4 months ago #10108 by SJ-BAZ-man
Replied by SJ-BAZ-man on topic Re: Moderne Zeiten. FRED`s in Aktion
Most of that overly red is from the camera lense and imager. In real life, they are not that bright (as they are a much smaller spot that what it appears in the video.

Moderators: ULie
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds