Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, April 26, 2024

Unstoppable - The Movie

More
13 years 5 months ago #9996 by stonysmith
Unstoppable - The Movie was created by stonysmith
I thought I'd share an article I found about "Unstoppable" - the movie that comes out this week. It's based on a true story:
Link to Article

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #9997 by slugger
Replied by slugger on topic Re: Unstoppable - The Movie
Thanks Stony
I can remember watching the chase on TV when this was happening. The artical really shows how much Holliwood changes real life events just to make a movie.
I do look forward to seeing the movie though. About three months after this happened, i saw and photographed CSX 8888 "Crazy Eights" loco here in my home town of Grand Rapids, MI While railfaning. For a long time CSX loco 8888 was a prized loco to see by railfanners.

Steve aka "Slugger" B)

More
13 years 5 months ago #10037 by dominique
Replied by dominique on topic Re: Unstoppable - The Movie
Saw the movie yesterday. In the average I find it not that bad, although some features seem odd. For example, a rescue crew on board of a pair of SD40-2 gets caught by the runaway train. They desperatly try to brake the train in in burst of sparks (I'm not sure that would have happened had the crew tried with the dynamic brake). I guess in the true life one crew member would have walked towards the runaway train's lead unit and have throttled it down (and speaking of that, why can one see the throttle moving by itself from idle to run 8?).

And so on.

The train was supposed to carry out a terrible explosion and pollution in case of a derailment. In that case why are the cops and reporters gathering along the railroad?

And furthermore, something definitly bores me: the continuous burst of sound effects, ryhtm boxes, explosions, loud background music, etc. Definitly unuseful in my opinion. A 70 mph moving 5000-ton train is definitly a burst by itself and doesn't need any sound effect... :dry:

But anyway, it's rare enough to see a movie with the railroad world as a setting and railfans should see it... B)

Dom

More
13 years 5 months ago #10058 by ZscalerulZ
Replied by ZscalerulZ on topic Re: Unstoppable - The Movie
It was a little slow, then like a train picked up with action, I liked it just because it had trains, toot toooot!!!!!!

More
13 years 5 months ago #10063 by andyjbj
Replied by andyjbj on topic Re: Unstoppable - The Movie
I must say it was delightful to ride a historic PRR train from Bellefonte to Lock Haven through the set of this film while it was being created. I hope to see Bellefonte's Sunnyside Yard and other Central PA icons when I get a look at the movie. From having been "there" and these places and sights having shaped four years of my life that I lived and biked in central PA.

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds