Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, April 26, 2024

Railfanning at The Alberta Railway Museum

More
13 years 9 months ago #9438 by Beverly56
This past Sunday, Chris and I took our Australian guest to the Alberta Railway Museum. It's only a 20 minute drive from our house, if you don't get lost :dry: Actually, we hit two detours on the way there due to road and bridge construction, and didn't spend as much time there as we would have liked. Trains only run on long weekends, so we'll have to go out again to get the full experience. As it was, the museum was very cool B) It's located on a beautiful country road and it was perfect afternoon to be there.

I made a short video of our guest at the museum, " Andromeda Visits The Alberta Railway Museum ".

Here are some photos of our trip....

My all-time favourite car, the CNR orange wooden caboose...

A beautifully restored 2-8-0 Northern Alberta Railway (NAR) locomotive...

Our guest, Andromeda, on the throttle of the NAR locomotive...

A 1950s E-9 locomotive pulls this passenger car that has both Alberta Prairie and Battle River Railway logos on it...

And speaking of trains, here's Andromeda on my Z scale cake plate diorama...

:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #9439 by Mr.JA
Beverly... you better tell your little friend to jump off the track before the next run around! ;)

I really like how you made the stone/rock walls and bridge! B) Perfect small layout! :woohoo:

More
13 years 9 months ago #9441 by Beverly56
Replied by Beverly56 on topic Re:Railfanning at The Alberta Railway Museum
Thank you for the kind words, Alex :)

I also like the stone bridge - a lot! It's my intention to use the same materials and techniques for the four portals and three bridges on our larger European layout. I've got a big clean up to do in our basement room where I made several videos of little Andromeda and my huge collection of similar figures, buildings and accessories. Here's what The Sylvanian Village room looks like before clean up....

Once I have time to rest up, I'm hoping to dive back into our European layout :woohoo:

More
13 years 9 months ago #9442 by ausman2001
Replied by ausman2001 on topic Re:Railfanning at The Alberta Railway Museum
Hi Beverly

Thanks for the photos. How extensive is the museum's collection? Does that E9 run on dedicated museum track, or does it run on "public" trackage?

More
13 years 9 months ago #9444 by Beverly56
Replied by Beverly56 on topic Re:Railfanning at The Alberta Railway Museum
Hi Gary,

I don't know if the E9 runs on public track or not. It appears that their dedicated track does connect to public track by zooming in and going a bit north and east of the main map at the GoogleMap on their site. I guess I'll find out if/when we take a ride on it :)

Here's the Alberta Railway Museum website for more information. There's a video page where it looks like one of the steam trains runs for tours.

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds