Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Tuesday, April 23, 2024

What is wrong with this forumengine?

More
13 years 10 months ago #9221 by smholt
What is wrong with this forumengine? was created by smholt
What is wrong with this forumengine?
When using Internet Explorer on this forum there are a lot of posts that are not showing up. It was the same with my old Win XP PC, but also now with my Win 7 and IE8.
It looks like it is an error when you should try to change page in a long thread, only the first(oldest) page are showing up, evne if you try to select another page.

When I load the forum using Google Chrome everything is OK. All posts are showing up.

I also remember from some months ago when I tried to reset my password, some schemas was not visible in IE, but worked OK in Chrome.

I know that also some other reported the same problems some time ago.

I do not have any problems like this in any forums I use, so it must be something wrong with this foruminstallastion. I am also an experienced PC-user, so there are no errors on my site(At least this time:cheer: )

I wonder if anybody else have reported this type of problems?

regards,
Svein-Martin Holt, Norway
www.platelayer.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #9222 by Fred
Replied by Fred on topic Re:What is wrong with this forumengine?
Svien- Martin-- I haven't been able to load the most recent postings. I mentioned it before to the powers- and then just thought it was my computer firewalls ?? My problems are similar to yours- I can only load a single page even when I use mozilla.
Fred

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #9223 by garthah
Replied by garthah on topic Re:What is wrong with this forumengine?
I do not see the problem with Safari, FIrefox, IE8, or Chrome they all work fine on Beverly and Chris's Slab door alyout. I can go from page to page I can start at one and go to any of the ten pages in any sequence. So not sure what is causing you the grief. I do not use IE8 that much anymore but I know it is popular. I preference is to Chrome and Firefox and they also worked fine for me on this same topic. I even tried Safari.
THis replay was done in IE8

cheerz
Garth

cheerz Garth

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #9224 by Fred
Garth- I also have firefox--and I have to increase pictules to get full screen.. "Just for fun" displays pages VERTICAL-- many times can only open one page.
Fred
Must be dirty wires??:) Or "PICNIC" Problem In Chair Not In Computer :S

More
13 years 10 months ago #9225 by goobnav
Replied by goobnav on topic Re:What is wrong with this forumengine?
Just say it Fred. It was the cat and you know it.

On a personal note, I do get flutters from time to time on the site both here at work, IE8 and, home IE9 but, the site usually corrects itself or I use the "Compatability" button to reset.

More
13 years 10 months ago #9227 by Beverly56
Replied by Beverly56 on topic Re:What is wrong with this forumengine?
I have only have trouble loading pages and photos, etc. if I'm not logged in.

More
13 years 10 months ago #9228 by Fred
:woohoo: It's the cat what done it-- off to the cat food store for some chinese cat food:ohmy:
Fred
Attachments:

More
13 years 10 months ago #9230 by smholt
Replied by smholt on topic Re:What is wrong with this forumengine?
I have checked some more. It looks like when I am not logged in, everything looks OK, also in IE8.

When I log in, I have set up my preferences to view the newest entry first. When not logged inn, default is oldest entry first.
If I change this, when logged in, to view the oldest entry first, everything looks normal, but that is not really what I want. I think it's much easier to go stright to the last post on the top of a thread.

So there must be an error in the code for IE that gives this error.

So to read all multipage posts, I need to sort with oldest first.:(
I guess I must live with it, but hopefully this error can be fixed in the future.

regards,
www.platelayer.com

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #9231 by garthah
Replied by garthah on topic Re:What is wrong with this forumengine?
The problem is latest or most recent first. I remember this thread coming by before and you are right it only works if there is a single page. When you get multiple pages on a topic it no longer works properly and things get screwed up.

cheerz
Garth

cheerz Garth

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #9232 by Havoc
Replied by Havoc on topic Re:What is wrong with this forumengine?
Don't have that problem with Opera (neither on Windows nor on Linux). Do have some other problems however:
- I'm logged in to the site but not the forums. A refresh of the page solves that.
- When I'm not logged in to the site and go to the forum page, the login at the top is black text on a black background. And even when typing my login/passwd I can't get logged in, I have to go to the front page.
- When I'm not logged in, the front page looks fine. Once I log in the bar with the "home", "forum" etc becomes garbled.

Otherwise it behaves itself. But I have to admit that the last 2-3 months most forums are having similar problems. On some I can't post anymore, others I have to login each day etc.

EDIT: I just checked the "slab door layout" thread and what is strange is that the numbers of pages are listed one below the other. This makes that I have a very large blank field above and below the posts with at the right side the available page numbers, one on a line.

More
13 years 10 months ago #9234 by smholt
Replied by smholt on topic Re:What is wrong with this forumengine?
garthah wrote:

The problem is latest or most recent first. I remember this thread coming by before and you are right it only works if there is a single page. When you get multiple pages on a topic it no longer works properly and things get screwed up.

What is the current revision on the forumengine? Is there any new version available that can fix this problem?

regards,
www.platelayer.com

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds