Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, April 26, 2024

Thank You Jim

More
13 years 10 months ago #9079 by soccrdad30
Thank You Jim was created by soccrdad30
Please excuse me, I wanted to seperate this topic from the others.

I want to thank Jim for his support for newbies like me. It is always nice to hear something encouraging (positive reinforcement) about a project no matter how bad the modelling really was. Sometimes handholding is required to encourage others.... and some people obviously will need more handholding. Jim, you spent much time online and usually was one of the first to comment on a thread or photo, if not THE first. That says alot in my book. You have much experience and knowledge to share, along with your fantastic photography.

Volunteering as a Moderator is not easy... I know I spent 19 years coaching soccer to my son, daughter, nieces, nephews, and to hundreds of other kids. I hope someday to coach some grandchildren ;) I also had 15 years on the local soccer board, dealing with players, and parents, while guiding the soccer organization. Yikes... it was not easy. And after work... I was busy (during soccer seasons) five to six days a week with practices, games, and other board member responsibilities.

Sometimes it is not an easy decision to leave something that one loves and cares for. My decision was "It was time... It was time to bring in new blood, new ideas, and time to do things for me". With ones health, the decision is very quick and unwelcomed.

Jim, I wish the best to you and your family. I hope you get to do the things you want to do(be selfish). Thank you very much for what you have done here on ZCS.

Sincerely,

John Kellett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #9080 by garthah
Replied by garthah on topic Re:Thank You Jim
Going to miss your presence Jim. Was glad I got a chance to visit you and your layout and spend some time with you at the time of the Anaheim show.

It is a tough job as moderator, been there done that. Even sorrier to see you leaving the hobby. We are going to loose a bit here.

Take care of yourself and wish you the best in the future and hope we meet up again, maybe on the water under sail someplace.

cheerz Garth

cheerz Garth

More
13 years 10 months ago #9081 by Socalz44
Replied by Socalz44 on topic Re:Thank You Jim
John and Garth, Thanks it means alot. From my beginnings in Z to couple of days ago this z scale experience has been some of the best times of my life. I won't forget the difficulties of this job, but I would do it all over again. Maybe just a bit differently. My first real job was a teacher and while I quit before retiring from the profession I've always put teaching in the forefront of my endeavors. I've taught mountaineering and sailing through the years. While I didn't really "teach" here, it was fun for me help those who I felt may need it or those who asked for it. A few of our members have forgotten that they have a small responsibility to help those same folks along if needed. Somebody probably helped them and one time and I'm never one to forget those types of things. This is not a rule or anything, just an observation from me. Many moved on, some stayed. I thank all those folks that still continue to help our new members and those who need help. Lastly I'm not quite gone yet and I really don't require or expect a Thread of thank yous. In fact on the 20th of June I was going to simply spill the beans and log out and go my way. If it wasn't for the contest I should have done it last weekend. Cheers, Jim CCRR:)

More
13 years 10 months ago #9085 by goobnav
Replied by goobnav on topic Re:Thank You Jim
Jim,

There is not enough thanks that can be given to a man like yourself. Let your world be yours and enjoy every minute. We'll still be here for you.

More
13 years 10 months ago #9086 by shamoo737
Replied by shamoo737 on topic Re:Thank You Jim
I wish you will Jim, and dont stay away. Do come back to say hi to us, your friends.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #9088 by Kelley
Replied by Kelley on topic Re:Thank You Jim
Thanks Jim for all your help. Ill get the stuff to you as soon as I can this week..

EDIT: Kelley thank you. I've been advised by Brad to eliminate your extra paragraphs. I've helped answer your concerns in my answers. Armand has already answered you and I deleted his posting as it does not have anything to do with Z scale. I've told him to email you privately. Hope this is ok. This are not good here right now with personal attacks and such. I have the power for a bit of time and I will have to use it.
I was going to email you about the package but I guess you are on top of that.
Thanks, Jim CCRR

More
13 years 10 months ago #9089 by Socalz44
Kelley, Well said. Not sure what this has to do with Z scale though, but considering yesterday was Memorial Day and that throughout Europe there are cemetaries with over a 104,366 American solders buried. The freedoms we all enjoy today are carved into each an every tombstone. Don't forget that. Everyone please don't jump on this bandwagon. Today. Thank you, Jim CCRR

More
13 years 10 months ago #9091 by Socalz44
Armand, I asked that this stuff be off this site. Kelley can be reached via email by clicking on his name and sending your message to him privately. Thanks, Jim CCRR

More
13 years 10 months ago #9100 by Socalz44
Armand, Again, ZCS is not a site to discuss racism. I have notified the other person involved as I have you. I'm told you not welcome on many sites through out Europe and have been banned from some of them or just plain quite. If you want to talk Z modeling you are welcome here. If not take your troubles to some other site. Cheers, Jim CCRR:S

More
13 years 10 months ago #9107 by Socalz44
Armand, This post is a good one and valid. Certainly you must understand that as best we can we need to keep this and all model railroading sites on topic. ie. model railroading. I know you have an issue with one of our members and your problems are not ZCS problem. I told you how to contact him. On to another topic. We've missed here for ages. You are one of the top level fellows in Z scale and anytime you wish to talk Z scale you are welcome. Cheers, Jim CCRR:)

More
13 years 10 months ago #9111 by ausman2001
Replied by ausman2001 on topic Re:Thank You Jim
Hi Jim

I've been away on holidays (in fact I'm still in London) so haven't been following what been happening on this site much. And so it was with some dismay that I read about your decision.

No doubt you have given this a great deal of thought, as you do with everything, so your decision is undoubtedly the right one for you. Please accept not only my regrets, but also my very best and most sincere wishes for the future, whatever it may hold for you and yours.

More
13 years 10 months ago #9249 by Beverly56
Replied by Beverly56 on topic Re:Thank You Jim
Hi Jim,

It's hard to believe today is your last day as Moderator :( Man, I'm going to miss you. You have been a hugely positive force on this board, at least for me, and I will always remember your daily contributions to ZCS over the last few years.

It's sad to hear that your health has taken a turn for the worse and I wish you comfort when you are in pain. I also wish you many, many good days in the coming years so you may pursue your dreams, whatever they may be.

Please drop by ZCS if you have the heart to do so.

Take care, good fellow :)

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #9251 by craZ13
Replied by craZ13 on topic Re:Thank You Jim
Jim,
Beverly said it quite well.
I wish you the best and hope that someday you will find your way back to us here.
Best of luck to you in your future endeavors, and most of all I hope your doctors can help you live your future in comfort.
I look forward to seeing the Northern Division in Z Track, it will be a continual reminder of your talent.
Best wishes my friend,

Jerry

More
13 years 10 months ago #9252 by Socalz44
Thanks all, much appreciated. Keep up those modeling skills and enjoy the 'Into the Sunset' photo above in the Gallery. Loggin' out. Jim CCRR:)

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds