Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, April 19, 2024

Problems with Yahoo Email Addresses

More
14 years 2 months ago #7733 by tealplanes
Problems with Yahoo Email Addresses was created by tealplanes
Karin and I have recently discovered that anyone with a yahoo address that writes to us or we write to them with attachments the email is getting sent back.

I have many customers with Yahoo addresses who did not get their PDF file of Micro News due to this issue.

Is anyone else having problems with Yahoo?

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Loren
Z Train Things

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #7734 by bambuko
Replied by bambuko on topic Re:Problems with Yahoo Email Addresses
Just posted you a test e-mail.
Let's see if I get back your reply :P
Chris

More
14 years 2 months ago #7736 by Mr.JA
Replied by Mr.JA on topic Re:Problems with Yahoo Email Addresses
I was wondering why I never received the February Micro News from you this past week. :dry: I also sent an e-mail to Karin that I never heard back from her. :huh: Or... maybe the two of you are just ignoring me. :blink:

More
14 years 2 months ago #7737 by stonysmith
Replied by stonysmith on topic Re:Problems with Yahoo Email Addresses
Loren, you said that the email was getting sent BACK?

If you have one of those rejected emails, forward a copy to me at stonysmith @ stonysmith.com

More
14 years 2 months ago #7738 by tealplanes
Replied by tealplanes on topic Re:Problems with Yahoo Email Addresses
TechRep wrote:

I was wondering why I never received the February Micro News from you this past week. :dry: I also sent an e-mail to Karin that I never heard back from her. :huh: Or... maybe the two of you are just ignoring me. :blink:

How could I ignore a handsome dude like you, especially when you have repeatedly told me that you were going to will me your entire Z collection when you passed on to the great switching yard in the sky? Oh, you didn't tell me?......Hmmmmmmm. I must have been having that reoccurring dream again :laugh:

You want the PDF file again?

Ed, Mark, and Alex, I have replied to you guys in the last 10 minutes. If you don't get anything, then I'm going yahoo hunting.....license or no license. No limit, just need one Yahoo on my trophy wall.:angry:

Loren

More
14 years 2 months ago #7739 by tealplanes
stonysmith wrote:

Loren, you said that the email was getting sent BACK?

If you have one of those rejected emails, forward a copy to me

Stony,
I just sent you an email with a returned email and subsequent messages. This is frustrating to say the least.
Loren

• Alaska Railroader
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 2 months ago #7753 by Alaska Railroader
Replied by Alaska Railroader on topic Re:Problems with Yahoo Email Addresses
Alex, did you get my email??????

More
14 years 2 months ago #7754 by bambuko
Loren,
I have e-mailed to you (from my Yahoo mail) recent links pointing to other people having the same problem (common denominator seemed to be charter.net which you are using) - did you get it?
The easiest thing to try, is to use another e-mail (e.g. Google Mail) to send these pdf files to Yahoo mail recipients to see if this solves the problem.
Another thing you didn't tell us - are you having problems with all Yahoo mail recipients or only some?

Chris

More
14 years 2 months ago #7756 by Mr.JA
alaska-rr wrote:

Alex, did you get my email??????

Hello Karin, How are you? NOPE... NOTHING... NADA. :blink:

More
14 years 2 months ago #7768 by tealplanes
bambuko wrote:

Loren,
I have e-mailed to you (from my Yahoo mail) recent links pointing to other people having the same problem (common denominator seemed to be charter.net which you are using) - did you get it?
The easiest thing to try, is to use another e-mail (e.g. Google Mail) to send these pdf files to Yahoo mail recipients to see if this solves the problem.
Another thing you didn't tell us - are you having problems with all Yahoo mail recipients or only some?

Chris

Chris,
I did get your email with the links, but have not had time to investigate. I'm kind of using this forum to communicate with some folks.

All yahoo accounts were affected. Just goes to show you that yahoo ought to go jump in the lake maybe?:laugh:

More
14 years 2 months ago #7770 by bambuko
tealplanes wrote:
...All yahoo accounts were affected. Just goes to show you that yahoo ought to go jump in the lake maybe?:laugh:[/quote]
I wouldn't jump to conclusion :P
It is just as likely that charter.net is the problem ...

More
14 years 2 months ago #7772 by tealplanes
Chris,
I've dealt with charter before from time to time. Occasionally I am impressed with the quality of service and knowledge in solving my problems----however, I've also come away from a phone conversation with some reps who did much less to impress me with their knowledge. I have learned in the past that these support folks often learn by going to the job and just 'begin' to trouble shoot for folks, and eventually they have been there and done that to the extent that they really do understand the complexities of their server.

I will be calling Charter and hopefully not have to speak to my local India representative. Somehow, something gets lost in the translation I fear.:blink:
Loren

More
14 years 2 months ago #7773 by tealplanes
Alex,
I resent the Micro News PDF file to your yahoo address and it came back.

Hmmmmmmm...

Loren

More
14 years 2 months ago #7774 by Mr.JA
Loren, Nope... didn't receive it either. :dry: I'm thinking it's from your end. :huh: I receive financial reports as .pdf documents, three to five times every 24 hours... no problems. :S Hien sent me some photo attachments today... no problems. :unsure:

More
14 years 2 months ago #7775 by tealplanes
I just talked with Charter and they said the problem is with yahoo. Huh? I may have done something to tick off the Yahoo gods but for the moment I am crippled to anyone with yahoo.

I'll try to get through to a live Yahoo person.......I wonder if they live in India?
Loren

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #7776 by bambuko
First rule of the helpdesk:
Blame the other guy and maybe the problem (and the complainer) will go away :laugh:
Good luck with your attempts with Yahoo ....

Chris

ps
Have you tried sending simple test message (without attachments) to the affected addresses? to see if it is the attachment that is causing the problem
Have you tried changing mail format? to simple text only (not html) to see if this makes difference?

I am getting your e-mails OK on my yahoo mail

More
13 years 11 months ago #8934 by Mr.JA
Loren, Did you ever get your e-mail problems fixed? :dry:

After continueing problems with yahoo, that they fail or refuse to address (I have a paid yahoo account), I have dumped yahoo. :S

My new e-mail address is... This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
13 years 11 months ago #8935 by tealplanes
I ended up getting a new computer, but don't have many of the old email addresses.

Folks who I have not contacted lately will have to contact me in order for me to get their email addresses.

Time to create page: 0.506 seconds