Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Monday, May 06, 2024

Happy Birthday Jim!

More
14 years 6 months ago #6366 by bsteg
Happy Birthday Jim! was created by bsteg
Happy Birthday to Jim this Sunday! I have donated 1000 z points to Jim for his Birthday and years of hard work and dedication to this site.
-Brad Stegmann

:woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #6371 by Socalz44
Replied by Socalz44 on topic Re:Happy Birthday Jim!
Thanks Brad. How did you know it is my birthday Sunday? As for the points, there are so many I will have to give some away. I don't want Terry to get upset that I have more now!
Also for those of you counting I will be 65. Thanks, and Cheers to you all, Jim CCRR:woohoo:

More
14 years 6 months ago #6372 by shamoo737
Replied by shamoo737 on topic Re:Happy Birthday Jim!
Jim, we have to come over and give you 65 spankings.:laugh:

More
14 years 6 months ago #6373 by tealplanes
Replied by tealplanes on topic Re:Happy Birthday Jim!
shamoo737 wrote:

Jim, we have to come over and give you 65 spankings.:laugh:

John,
I'll help you. You want to hold him down or do the beating?:laugh:

Loren

More
14 years 6 months ago #6374 by Mr.JA
Replied by Mr.JA on topic Re:Happy Birthday Jim!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JIM! :woohoo:

Funny... it's one of my sister's birthday, too :dry: ... and, the first day I met my wife. :blush:

More
14 years 6 months ago #6379 by craZ13
Replied by craZ13 on topic Re:Happy Birthday Jim!
Jim have a very........
Happy Birthday!!!!

Thanks for all of the inspiration you have offered here and other sites.

Jerry
B)

More
14 years 6 months ago #6380 by BillMock
Replied by BillMock on topic Re:Happy Birthday Jim!
Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIM! That's great. And many more happy Z years to you!
Bill Mock

More
14 years 6 months ago #6382 by ausman2001
Replied by ausman2001 on topic Re:Happy Birthday Jim!
Happy birthday Jim and many happy returns from Downunder!

More
14 years 6 months ago #6387 by Socalz44
Thanks guys, today is the day. I'm still looking for a 1000 trees from Loren as a present, but they will probably show up tomorrow since today is Sunday! Cheers, Jim CCRR:woohoo:

More
14 years 6 months ago #6394 by Kelley
Replied by Kelley on topic Re:Happy Birthday Jim!
Happy Birthday from somplace..I cant name..but still thinking of you!

More
14 years 6 months ago #6395 by Socalz44
Hi Kelly, I've also been to "someplaces I can't tell." Have fun and be safe. Cheers, Jim CCRR:)

More
14 years 6 months ago #6396 by Mr.JA
Replied by Mr.JA on topic Re:Happy Birthday Jim!
Kelley, Jim... been there (maybe), done that (maybe not), don't have any T-shirts to prove it... ;)

More
14 years 6 months ago #6440 by Beverly56
Replied by Beverly56 on topic Re:Happy Birthday Jim!
Hope it's not too late to wish you a belated Happy Birthday, Jim! I don't have any Z related gifts to pass along to you, but here's a timelapse sunrise I filmed last July from our east balcony for your enjoyment. Hope you had a wonderful day on Sunday B)

More
14 years 6 months ago #6441 by Socalz44
Beverly, Thanks so much. Plus the video was great as was the music. How do you do that? Actually I'd hoped this thread would drop off the front page so we can get along with business. That's ok. Cheers, Jim CCRR:)

More
14 years 6 months ago #6444 by Beverly56
Replied by Beverly56 on topic Re:Happy Birthday Jim!
Jim,

How did I do that?

Well, the photography portion was done manually which means I stood behind the camera (on a tripod) for about 2.5 hours pressing the shutter release right after the photo before had processed. I estimate the camera was able to process 15 frames per minute. That's a lot of photos (and weary bones after standing in one place for so long), but Pinnacle Studio (video making software) loaded them all in order while I went about the rest of my morning. I made title frames on a graphics program and began composing music at a later date when my brain was in a musical place.

You might think standing in one place starting at 5:30 in the morning is kind of crazy, but it was actually quite an interesting experience. The world is different at that time of day. Young songbirds that had just left the nest were out with their parents in late July. It was cool to have a bit of an eye on them while I was out on the deck. Watching the sky became, and continues to be, a fascinating thing to do. It's forever changing and you never know what it's going to do next - at least in my neck of the woods. Every morning that the weather was good and I was awake, I was out there. I also shot some mid-day and evening videos that didn't make it to YouTube because of time constraints for composing music.

For music, I have an small electronic piano keyboard connected to my computer that I use to work out compositions. I can't play piano worth beans, but I have a reasonable knowledge of music structure and use Sonar (music composition software) to plot out the notes for various instruments. Sonar also imports the video so I can hear what the music is doing for whatever the video is doing, so I can plan the music to the length of the video quite easily.

I have no idea where the music comes from. If you watch other videos where I've composed the music, the songs are all quite different. It's some kind of magical thing I can do from time to time, but certainly not all the time and definitely not when I have other things that need to be done. When I get to the point of having some Z things to video-fy (new word :)), I'll make sure to compose more music. I'm very involved with my other hobby these days and have just begun a gig making videos for an on-line store that specializes in that hobby. I get free products in exchange for the making videos, which is a hobbiest's dream!

Hope that helps explain things :)

Take care, my friend :)

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds