Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Monday, May 06, 2024

Video of the layout posted on You Tube.

More
14 years 10 months ago #5325 by TailUK
Bit of a red letter day today. I finally got power into the layout and ran my Geep 9 for the first time. Another first was posting a video of this on YouTube.
I decided to call the layout "Bowline Pass" as it's quite convoluted. Hope you all like the video.
Next step is to lay the second track and get some scenic down.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #5326 by Socalz44
Replied by Socalz44 on topic Re:Video of the layout posted on You Tube.
John, Excellent. Does the camera speed up the train or were you running at top speed? For those who may not realize it, by simply clicking on the Videos button on the menu bar on the Home Page you can see this and other great Z scale videos. Thanks John. Cheers, Jim CCRR:)

More
14 years 10 months ago #5332 by bambuko
Replied by bambuko on topic Re:Video of the layout posted on You Tube.
Socalz44 wrote:

John, Excellent. Does the camera speed up the train or were you running at top speed?

it is a bit supersonic :laugh: indeed

Socalz44 wrote:

...by simply clicking on the Videos button on the menu bar on the Home Page you can see this and other great Z scale videos...

Why not add a simple link to the video in your posting?
Postings about something that I have to go and search for, without a convenient link are a bit pita :blush: (and of course if you need help in how to do it, you just need to ask :) )

More
14 years 10 months ago #5334 by TailUK
Replied by TailUK on topic Re:Video of the layout posted on You Tube.
Socalz44 wrote:

John, Excellent. Does the camera speed up the train or were you running at top speed? For those who may not realize it, by simply clicking on the Videos button on the menu bar on the Home Page you can see this and other great Z scale videos. Thanks John. Cheers, Jim CCRR:)

It's an artifact of the video I think. I certainly don't remember turning the gas up.

More
14 years 10 months ago #5349 by Beverly56
Replied by Beverly56 on topic Re:Video of the layout posted on You Tube.
John,

That train running on the track is a thing of beauty B) Your workshop looks great too!

How well does the train take the grades at a slower speed?

More
14 years 10 months ago #5351 by TailUK
Replied by TailUK on topic Re:Video of the layout posted on You Tube.
Beverly56 wrote:

John,

That train running on the track is a thing of beauty B) Your workshop looks great too!

How well does the train take the grades at a slower speed?

Thanks. I was well pleased with the first runs. Laying Z scale track doesn't seem to be much more difficult than N or HOn3, but it's always nice for it to work good first time.
The video and pics were taken at work where I have the use of about 350 square metres of workshop space including all the kit. The head of department is pretty tolerant of model train activities although I did find a note on our new Laser cutter which read "Not to be used for model trains" I think this was a joke.
The MT geep handled the grades very well even at a crawl, I was actually suprised how well. My Marklin F7 A/B ran pretty good too if a little noisy but I haven't had a chance to change the couplers so haven't tried it with rolling stock yet.
So this week it's laying second track as my LHS has come up with a good second hand 2 track controller.
So more video and pics to follow.

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds