Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Wednesday, May 08, 2024

County/State Fairs

More
14 years 11 months ago #4952 by Kelley
County/State Fairs was created by Kelley
I know circus trains, wagons, and various parts are coming down the pike, and they will be a very interesting thing to model. (I was born in MT Vernon, where they built those LOOONG flatcars years before.
Anyway, until the circus comes to town and for those looking for a big project, how about a county or even a state fair?
Those things used to be a big deal when i was a kid. They were also big deals from turn of the century on, and it would be quite interesting to see one built.
Seems like most fairgrounds had rails going to them. My brother, working for a neighbor with show cattle, used to ride in cattle cars from fair to fair.
Big show barns and cattle pens are already on the market or can be built.
Racetrack and stands would be interesting. A dirt track and come old stockcars running on it, or a demo derby,tractor pull ect?
The midway in Z might be hard to make. Karin has her Dizzyland, so I know its possible to build .
For those doing the 20s and 30s, I guess you could run 2 Z scale 10 wheelers at each other as an attraction. (just kidding)
I am just throwing this out there. I'd never be able to build this myself, but I think it would be kind of neat .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #4953 by Socalz44
Replied by Socalz44 on topic Re:County/State Fairs
Hi Kelly, I'm not sure when, but the circus is coming. I have a feeling that Karin will probably have some goodies for us at the appropriate time. As for the 10 wheelers. Do you know what those cost? With inflation almost as much as the real deal.:woohoo: At least to me. Cheers, Jim CCRR:)

More
14 years 11 months ago #4954 by ausman2001
Replied by ausman2001 on topic Re:County/State Fairs
The Sydney equivalent has been the Royal Easter Show for the last century or so. The previous site was never served by rail, although a tramline ran past it until the late 1950s. There are Z scale trams and I'll buy one when I win the lottery....

The Show is now at a new site, roughly where the 2000 Olympics were held. It's served by a specially built commuter line with an underground station. All the commuter trains here in Sydney use double-deck EMU stock, and unfortunately any items by Marklin (or anyone else for that matter) are a very long way from even being close. Anyone who wants to scratchbuild a couple of Tangara sets is welcome to try.

Time to create page: 0.444 seconds