Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Sunday, April 28, 2024

Help!

More
15 years 1 week ago - 15 years 1 week ago #4027 by dominique
Help! was created by dominique
I must be completely "nuts", but yesterday trying to insert a picture after having reduced it to 300 x 225 pixels (so not that heavy...), I clicked on "Select Image file to attach", chose my picture from my own computer making a file to appear, then I clicked on the neighbour button [img: .

And nothing appears, other than a small square including a red cross in its center....:(

I certainly must be an idiot....

Dom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 week ago - 15 years 1 week ago #4035 by Socalz44
Replied by Socalz44 on topic Re:Help!
Hi Dom, Virtually all photos up to 1600x1200 will fit in Forum posts by simpling hitting the Browse button. The Gallery will accept larger photo parameters but we would like 1600x1200 to be tops. Try your photo again without downsizing and see what happens. Beyond that I'm sure Chris (Bambuko) will be able to help. Cheers, Jim CCRR:)

More
15 years 1 week ago #4039 by bambuko
Replied by bambuko on topic Re:Help!
happy to help :-)

for the starters, what Jim was trying to say:
"... The Gallery will accept larger photo parameters ..." :P :laugh:

give me a shout dominique if you are still struggling

More
15 years 1 week ago #4042 by Socalz44
Thanks Chris, It was early and ..............? Cheers, Jim CCRR:blush:

More
15 years 6 days ago #4124 by dominique
Replied by dominique on topic Re:Help!
OK guys thanks, I'll give a try again when I have new shots to post... I gave up after having tried several times to insert a picture of my Aztectrains track cleaning car in the topic "track cleaning"....

Dom

More
15 years 6 days ago #4125 by shamoo737
Replied by shamoo737 on topic Re:Help!
Dom, you cant insert a picture like TB. Upload the picture into the picture gallery first, then you can include in your post.

More
15 years 6 days ago - 15 years 6 days ago #4129 by bambuko
No, dominique, you are certainly not an idiot :laugh: !!
I have never used "Select Image file to attach" and when I was offering assistance, I was proposing to help you with the method that shamoo describes.

The method involves uploading a picture somewhere on the net (I use Picasa , but anything similar will do) and than using pic's address to insert into your message.

I have tried "Select Image file to attach" and I must admit that it appears to have has defeated me as well :silly:

For the starters I couldn't use preview :( , but it turns out that the reason might be that the picture was too big.
So another try (this time smaller):
and it works absolutely fine ... :P :laugh:

It actually works by uploading your picture to ZCentral (in a manner described above)

So you can use attach picture option but it is a bit clunky :blink:

And just to prove how it works - you will now find the copy of attached picture here:
zcentralstation.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/test_pic_2.jpg
Attachments:

More
15 years 6 days ago #4130 by bambuko
shamoo737 wrote:

Dom, you cant insert a picture like TB...

yes, you can :P :P

More
15 years 6 days ago - 15 years 6 days ago #4132 by ULie
Replied by ULie on topic Re:Help!
inserting a picture goes by two ways. Either upload it somewhere on the net and then hit the [ img ] button on the button bar over the editor field. Then you will get this:[ img size=150 ][ /img ] (I just inserted a blank between the brackets and the word in the brackets. Otherwise the software would look for teh image that isn't there. Now you have to insert the URL for your picture. Then it looks like this:

[ img size=150 ]www.zcentralstation.com/components/com_joomgallery/img_pictures/general_z_scale_1/Uwes pictures_14/dsc00171_20081015_1921289364.jpg[ /img ] (remember the blanks...)

the number after the word size defines the size in the posting. Allowed is a value between 01 and 499. Now we see a RHB Crocodile with a size of 400:

[img size=400]http://www.zcentralstation.com/components/com_joomgallery/img_pictures/general_z_scale_1/Uwes pictures_14/dsc00171_20081015_1921289364.jpg[/img]

The other way is a direct insertion of a picture. But here you can just insert one picture in posting this way.

Here I did that. Just place the cursor at the place where you want the picture, and then choose the picture and hit the [ img ] button.

I took some time for me to figure this out, but then I got the idea. The first is from my gallery at ZCS, but any place on the net would do. The second one I just inserted directly from my harddrive. It shows a bell that clanks when the gates are closed.

GreetingZ, HilZen,

Uwe
Attachments:

More
15 years 6 days ago #4133 by shamoo737
Replied by shamoo737 on topic Re:Help!
bambuko wrote:

shamoo737 wrote:

Dom, you cant insert a picture like TB...

yes, you can :P :P

Chris, sometimes is better to be wrong.:laugh:

More
15 years 6 days ago - 15 years 6 days ago #4138 by bambuko
ULie wrote:

...The other way is a direct insertion of a picture. But here you can just insert one picture in posting this way...
...Here I did that. Just place the cursor at the place where you want the picture, and then choose the picture and hit the [ img ] button...

the way I have attached image directly (without uploading it somewhere first) was by hitting Browse... and than selecting an image on my PC that I wanted to attach and than just pressed Submit (btw - preview doesn't seem to work)

didn't have to touch [ img ] button at all ...
BTW - on attached picture - yours truly, researching the subject in a museum :)
Attachments:

More
15 years 6 days ago #4139 by Socalz44
Interesting. Why am I getting by by simple clicking on the Browse button? Cheers, Jim CCRR:unsure:

More
15 years 6 days ago - 15 years 6 days ago #4140 by ULie
Replied by ULie on topic Re:Help!
Hello Chris,
bambuko wrote:

didn't have to touch [ img ] button at all ...

might be that this is depending on the browser used. Here I work with Opera, and if I just hit "Browse" and select a picture from my list and then hit "Open" (I believe that that's what is the button in English..., in German it is "Öffnen" ) I still have to use the button [ img ]. The only downside is that by this way you just can get one picture in the posting.

In "preview" you just get a small placeholder, the picture first shows when you hit "submit".

here's a scene from a parking garage in Lübeck. I love the idea for this version of "Art at the building" (this is required in Germany for public buildings).

GreetingZ, HilZen,

Uwe
Attachments:

More
15 years 6 days ago - 15 years 6 days ago #4141 by bambuko
Socalz44 wrote:

...Why am I getting by by simple clicking on the Browse button...

that's exactly what I am doing as well - simple
the only thing that's missing is the preview function - making it a bit of a hit and miss affair ...

BTW Ulie could be right - it might be browser dependant?

More
14 years 11 months ago #4320 by dominique
shamoo737 wrote:

Dom, you cant insert a picture like TB. Upload the picture into the picture gallery first, then you can include in your post.

Sorry my friend, but I don't know what TB means....:ohmy:

Dom

More
14 years 11 months ago #4321 by dominique
bambuko wrote:

The method involves uploading a picture somewhere on the net (I use Picasa , but anything similar will do) and than using pic's address to insert into your message.

OK, but how can I do about my own pictures stored in my own computer?

Dom

More
14 years 11 months ago #4322 by dominique
OK guys, whatever happens, thanks for your help. I'm just trying again right now, and if doesn't work I give up.

So let's try, for example with a picture showing a freight train actually running on true rails ...

D:\Mes Documents B\Photos\Ferroviaire Ech 1\Photos redimensionnées pour rrpicturearchives\Uayma,-Yucatan.gif [/img]

Dom
Attachments:

More
14 years 11 months ago #4323 by dominique
Good! Seems that it works, although the fact I wrote the full URL looks like unuseful.

Thanks for all guys!B) ;) :P

More
14 years 11 months ago #4349 by TerryH
Replied by TerryH on topic Re:Help!
Previous image exceeded 1600 pixels in width, trying another picture.

I'm simply posting the cursor where I want the picture to start, then clicking browse and selecting a picture, then clicking the adjacent IMG button, then pressing submit. Here goes. :)

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.301 seconds