Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Earthquake? Tornado?

More
7 years 11 months ago #18086 by ZRailFan
Earthquake? Tornado? was created by ZRailFan
I've learned a lot from Z Central, and I'm most excited about the thought of 3D printing.

So I ordered some things from ShapeWays from the amazing SouthernNScale's design shop. Two of those were 40ft oil storage tanks. One came slightly damaged (upper railing), but the image says it all about the second. :) Might could be I can model a disaster area!

I'm sure ShapeWays will make good on the damage. I even suggested they use the extruded corn peanuts instead of air-filled tubes (those just transfer outside forces directly to the packed items). Hopefully they don't tell me to shove it. Sometimes being helpful isn't. But I can't imagine they want this to happen very often...

However, the other stuff is fantastic. Thanks SouthernNScale!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernnscale

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #18087 by ZRailFan
Replied by ZRailFan on topic Earthquake? Tornado?
In fact, yes, ShapeWays is going to replace the unit. Thank you, ShapeWays.

More
7 years 11 months ago #18089 by southernnscale
Replied by southernnscale on topic Earthquake? Tornado?
I have my share of damaged items from shapeways! They do have a problem with shipping stuff and packing! The only problem is they always blame the model I have ordered a model an got it in great shape and wanted another and ordered it again and it was broken and not repairable and they did do a reprint after sending photo's of the broken piece. Then I got the reprint and it was broken but the parts that where missing wasn't even in the bag. I hate the bag thing! Sorry to here that I have two of them they printed and they are great and didn't turn out like that!

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #18090 by southernnscale
Replied by southernnscale on topic Earthquake? Tornado?
Here is example of there packing items. there was a set of nine Electrical Power line towers I did and here is what they did. I think the photo talk for them selves! There is three towers in each bag in seperate bags inside one and three bags together with tape!!!

Then here are the bubble wrap bags these were inside them. All the bottom bases are crushed

and this is what they should have looked like after three printing

Attachments:

More
7 years 11 months ago #18093 by ZRailFan
Replied by ZRailFan on topic Earthquake? Tornado?
That is sad, yes. One would think the individual doing the packing would take a bit more care when doing so. Some of the models are inexpensive, but some of them run into the hundreds of dollars. I'd be a lot more upset if I received one of those expensive buildings in pre-feline destroyed form.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernnscale

Time to create page: 0.310 seconds