Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, April 19, 2024

T scale railroads 1:450

More
9 years 11 months ago #17263 by Guba
T scale railroads 1:450 was created by Guba
I just discovered that there is a smaller scale than Z scale! There doesn't seem to be much in the offering so far, but then Z scale was the same when it started. Anyone have any experience with this scale?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #17265 by rvn2001
Replied by rvn2001 on topic Re: T scale railroads 1:450
Hi Joe,

T Gauge has been around since 2006. The original offerings were un-reliable at best. There have been several improvements to the design of the trains and power supply and they're much better now. I have a small layout using the new trains but older power supply. Eishindo is the only manufacturer right now making commuter trains, an I.C.E. train and they're beginning to make N.A. prototype trains. Eishindo came out with people, vehicles, buildings and trees about the same time they introduced the trains. There are people using Shapeways to make bodies and accessories. I'm considering bringing my T gauge layout with me to the NTS.

More
9 years 11 months ago #17266 by Guba
Replied by Guba on topic Re: T scale railroads 1:450
They still look interesting to me. I wouldn't mind having a set just to have one for the novelty. I don't think I would make a layout, as I get older my eyes get worse. Z scale is already small enough for a layout. :whistle: Where did you purchase them?

More
9 years 10 months ago #17268 by rvn2001
Replied by rvn2001 on topic Re: T scale railroads 1:450
They're about half the size of Z scale so they're small for sure. I bought mine on eBay and everything they have listed there now is the newer stuff. I bought the newest train here

Trainaids A

Be prepared...it can be expensive.

Good luck,
Thom

More
9 years 10 months ago #17273 by southernnscale
Replied by southernnscale on topic Re: T scale railroads 1:450
Guba,
Here is a site where you can get a set with track
www.tgauge.com/

More
9 years 10 months ago #17274 by Guba
Replied by Guba on topic Re: T scale railroads 1:450
Thanks for the links everyone. ;)

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds