Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, April 26, 2024

Went to the trainshow yesterday.

More
11 years 2 months ago #15235 by Socalz44
Went to the trainshow yesterday. was created by Socalz44
I went to the World's Greatest Hobby trainshow yesterday at Del Mar in San Diego. Two goodsized buildings and lots of module layouts of all different scales. I must say that ZoCal group's modules have come a long way in the last 7 or so years.

The technical achievements of a 11 foot long yard and most of the buildings and streets lighted was something to see. Outstanding.

I saw Joe D'Amato from Micro Trains. Helping him out was Don Fedjerer from San Diego County, probably the smartest man in Z scale currently, helping out in the booth. The booth was the standard MTL display, but over on one of the wings was very nice display of laser cut buildings. I assume there Loren and Karin's work. Very nice offerings.

This was my first trainshow in 4 years and my first WGH show. It was bigger than the Fall show at Del Mar and it was nice to see more manufacturers present. Jim
The following user(s) said Thank You: garthah, Kelley, stonysmith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #15236 by tealplanes
Replied by tealplanes on topic Re: Went to the trainshow yesterday.
Jim,

Glad you got to mix it up with some fellow Z scalers. I am pretty sure those structures you saw were not SBMs, but MTLs.

More
11 years 2 months ago #15239 by SmallWonderZ
Replied by SmallWonderZ on topic Re: Went to the trainshow yesterday.
Are there any photos of this event?

More
11 years 2 months ago #15242 by JamesTraction
Replied by JamesTraction on topic Re: Went to the trainshow yesterday.
There are pictures in the ZoCal Yahoo group page ( groups.yahoo.com/group/ZoCal/ ).
-JamesTraction
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred

More
11 years 2 months ago #15243 by Fred
Replied by Fred on topic Re: Went to the trainshow yesterday.
Thanks James- Joined group yesterday and found many wonderful fotos. This is a very active group with a whole lotta Z!!!!

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds