Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Thursday, April 18, 2024

Bye.

More
11 years 10 months ago #13807 by Havoc
Bye. was created by Havoc
Well, as I almost never come around anymore I think it is fair to say goodbye to you all. These days all Z activity has become a very rare thing as most of my time goes to live steam. Also this forum is so US centric that it holds little interest to me.

The best for all your projects. Bye.

PS: If any of the mods wants to close the account, fine with me. I cannot find a way to do it...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #13808 by soccrdad30
Replied by soccrdad30 on topic Re: Bye.
Hello Johan,

I am sorry to hear about your 'rare' Z scale modeling time. ZCS has never 'guided' nor 'persuaded' modeling interests. I agree ZCS is US centric, I wish more modelers would share their modeling ideas, skills, and interests, but I cannot force it upon them.

Back in 2008 when I joined ZCS, I was pretty much a lurker for about a year and a half. I was embarassed of my modeling to share or even discuss it.

I do want to wish you well in your new found enthusiasm of live steam trains. The important thing to remember is that you are staying busy and enjoying your free time with something you like to do.

I will leave your account open for the time being, and if your account remains inactive I will close it later this year. And maybe if you would like, if you have any photos of your trains or layout, you could send them to me and I can post them so maybe we could help spur others? This way some good will come out for other modelers.

Sincerely, John

More
11 years 10 months ago #13809 by Mr.JA
Replied by Mr.JA on topic Re: Bye.
Johan... the are many members of ZCS that would be happy if you posted photos of the live steam you have interest in. ZCS is not all about Z-scale. A lot of us have interest in proto, too!

More
11 years 10 months ago #13819 by Socalz44
Replied by Socalz44 on topic Re: Bye.
Johan, Sorry to hear about this, but I understand. I've moved on but I'm still here from time to time. Hope you can drop in as well. I too would like to see any live steam photos you would like to share. Take care. Jim

More
11 years 10 months ago #13822 by Zcratchman_Joe
Replied by Zcratchman_Joe on topic Re: Bye.
I don’t know exactly what ZCS was before John took it over, but since then it has never been all about Z. In fact, perhaps the name should have changed to simply Central Station. People show off, and discuss, any gauge they happen to model, no matter how much larger (or smaller). And live steam is plain old cool anyway. No reason to leave this website, that’s for sure.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #13829 by Socalz44
Replied by Socalz44 on topic Re: Bye.
Joe, I know exactly how ZCS was before John took over. Check the archives it wasn't much different than today. The key to any site is the joy of being able to participate the best way you can without ever feeling uncomfortable with one's participation. Here's something for you to enjoy. Jim

The following user(s) said Thank You: craZ13, Fred, Mr.JA, Zcratchman_Joe

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds