Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Well wishes to Mr. Carl Arendt and his family.

More
13 years 1 month ago #10473 by soccrdad30
Over the past few days, Small Layout Design Yahoo Group has been busy with surprising news of Mr. Carl Arendt hastily retirement. If you visit Mr. Arendt's site www.carendt.com or www.carendt.us with Firefox and other browsers you will see the announcement of his retirement. But, under Internet Explorer, the announcement does not display. There has been not update on Mr. Arendt's site since early February 2011.

Please allow me to post an earlier message from SLD Yahoo group.

"I have just had an email from Carls wife and she has asked me to pass on the following message. Carl is under hospice care and is not expected to live very long. Which is why there has been no update. I do know that there are several people out there who are interested in hosting the website and continuing his work, but I have no idea how we go about doing that - an email to me chacmool at lineone dot netwould be appreciated if you know what would need to be done, although whether there will be anyone at that end who knows how the site is hosted I know not, and this isn't the time to ask.
I know your thoughts will be with him, but if you want to pass on condolences it would be preferable if you could post on here, rather than inundating his wife with emails. I will pass them on as either a link that she can read them or as a block."

As a visitor to his site for the past four years, I have enjoyed Mr. Arendt challenging the train modeling community by creating small scaled layouts. All model train scales found a place on his site, and the world has been treated to some beautiful workmanship, and ideas.

I would like to pass along our heartfelt wishes to the Arendt Family.

John Kellett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #10476 by Ztrains
I'm deeply saddened to hear this for a number of reasons. Although we all have to face it, loss is always difficult. My thoughts go out to Carl's family. I've always really enjoyed Carl's site and the creativity he assembled through these small layouts. He put a lot of work into his site and his love of the trains has always been exciting to watch. I hope his site and the material he worked on will continue.

John
www.ztrains.com

More
13 years 1 month ago #10477 by N/A
Carl's sites are and were inspirations to me. His legend, memory and spirit will live on forever in those web site, in the lives he touched and the joy he brought. All the best to him and his family.

Thank you Carl!

John Bartolotto

More
13 years 1 month ago #10491 by loadmaster
I had visited his site many times of several years and even had an email communication or two with him directly. His site is just a wonder and I have become very impressed by all the different scales that he presented. I just couldn't imagine all the varieties of track plans and scenery that was presented especially with the larger scales.
I'm here to support his website with participation and $$$.

Robert

More
13 years 1 month ago #10492 by Gerd
Replied by Gerd on topic Condolences to the Arendt family
Carl Arendt past away on Friday 04 March.

Source: smallmodelrailwaylayouts.blogspot.com/2011/03/carl-arendt-rip.html

Condolences to his family.

More
13 years 1 month ago #10494 by soccrdad30
Replied by soccrdad30 on topic Re: Condolences to the Arendt family
Thank you for posting the unfortunate news Gerd. There was an update in the Small Layout Design Group this past Sunday, but I wanted to confirm the report before posting.

My condolences to his wife and family.

John Kellett

More
13 years 1 month ago #10509 by soccrdad30
Replied by soccrdad30 on topic Re: Condolences to the Arendt family
Please enjoy a special tribute to Mr. Arendt from The Model Railway Show.

The Model Railway Show

The Model Railway Show - Carl Arendt Tribute Edition

John

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds