Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Thursday, April 25, 2024

Tension in the East Asia's???

More
13 years 4 months ago #10071 by HoboTim
Tension in the East Asia's??? was created by HoboTim
Alex,

I am reading that Japan is freaking out over the recent N. Korean incident. Can you tell us more specifically what the fears entail?

I was stationed in S. Korea way back in 85/86 and recall ups and downs with fears then. But this is a bit different as shells have flown and people have been killed/injured.

This is an off topic thread so feel free to discuss this matter. I know I can't be the only Z scaler drawing interest to this.

Look forward to your reply!

Hobo Tim
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 4 months ago #10072 by ausman2001
Replied by ausman2001 on topic Re: Tension in the East Asia's???
Some analysts believe that North Korea only continues to exist because of Chinese support, and that support is given so that North Korea can act as a counterpart to Japan and the US in that part of Asia. As far as I'm concerned this is quite credible and explains a lot. The North Korean actions should not be seen as being at the behest of China, but rather as a form of self-assertion by the military thugs who run the country, knowing that as long as they don't go too far they'll have the support of Big Brother across the border.

What this situation demands from the West, and specifically from the US, is a steady hand on the helm and none of the flag-waving, tub thumping and sabre-rattling that some of your politicians are wont to do. That would be playing right into the hands of the Chinese.

Of course China's "game" is costing the ordinary North Koreans untold misery and privation, but that goes with Big Power politics and, unfortunately, is nothing new.
More
13 years 4 months ago #10073 by Mr.JA
Replied by Mr.JA on topic Re: Tension in the East Asia's???
Hello Tim,

Honestly, I'm going to have to take a pass in posting public comments about this. If I posted what I honestly thought and felt, I would end up offending more than a few members of many nationalities. As most things that you see and hear in the current news environment and media cycle... what you are seeing is just to sell product and distract from more important, real problems (not that what is going on is not important).

Alex
More
13 years 4 months ago #10074 by soccrdad30
Replied by soccrdad30 on topic Re: Tension in the East Asia's???
Gentlemen, I could'nt have been more surprised about the latest events between North Korea and South Korea. Even thought the right category was used, it is unfortunate that this topic is far more 'off topic' for Z Central Station.

You are very welcome to continue with your discussion in private. If there is a need to contact another ZCS member you may do so by going to that members profile and initiate a private message.

Thank you,

John
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds