Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Z Scale Monster

More
12 years 2 months ago #12845 by Mr.JA
Z Scale Monster was created by Mr.JA
Anthony of Z Scale Monster is offering 35% off of selected items. :woohoo: Not only do you get a great deal, but you're dealing with a fine and honest gentleman, without any worries about being over-charged for postage and handling. :laugh: Anthony at ZSM is my number one source for Z. B)

Z Scale Monster's Specials
The following user(s) said Thank You: KIN477

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #12848 by tealplanes
Replied by tealplanes on topic Re: Z Scale Monster
I will second that. Anthony is the #1 source for most things Z. Notice I said 'most'. No one can own it all, but Anthony is #1 in my book.

More
12 years 2 months ago #12850 by silentargus
Replied by silentargus on topic Re: Z Scale Monster
ZSM has been my main source for almost everything for my planned layout except materials to build the table with. It doesn't hurt that he keeps coming out with special runs of PRR rolling stock... and he ships so fast I'm halfway convinced one of these days I'll find an order on my doorstep before I place it. :lol:

Great service, great page layout, great owner.

More
12 years 2 months ago #12853 by Mattias
Replied by Mattias on topic Re: Z Scale Monster
I have discovered, that all US dealers I have ordered at, are very friendly and ship fast. Anthony, Loren or Terry, nothing to complain about, always the best service.
Mattias

More
12 years 2 months ago #12865 by sassbaby
Replied by sassbaby on topic Re: Z Scale Monster
In my few years in this scale I have only found an issue with one dealer and it's not Rob at Ztrack or Anthony or Loren. It has to do with a one-sided trade and the individual that didn't have the honesty to tell me I had undervalued my items. Needless to say I'll never deal with that seller again, but there's plenty of honest Z dealers to help me. I hope this doesn't say more about me than the seller, but we should all support fair dealing.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #12867 by Zcratchman_Joe
Replied by Zcratchman_Joe on topic Re: Z Scale Monster

sassbaby wrote: In my few years in this scale I have only found an issue with one dealer and it's not Rob at Ztrack or Anthony or Loren. It has to do with a one-sided trade and the individual that didn't have the honesty to tell me I had undervalued my items. Needless to say I'll never deal with that seller again, but there's plenty of honest Z dealers to help me. I hope this doesn't say more about me than the seller, but we should all support fair dealing.

It seems to me you’re mixing metaphors here. On the one hand you call them a dealer, and on the other hand an individual. A dealer is more likely to be in the business of buying something in order to turn it around and to make the most profit that they can. An individual is less likely to be making that same turn around profit, but of course there are the extremes both ways (a month ago a dealer sold me my second Marklin Bumble Bee at the original retail of $349.99 and then sold someone else his last one, that he was saving for himself, for the same price so long as it didn’t go straight to eBay for some outrageous price.). Sure it would be nice to think all dealers are out there to help the human race, but would we think the same of a jewelry store, a pawn shop, an auto dealer, an antique dealer? None of which are known for “fair dealing”. Why should a hobby dealer be any different?

But few of us go to trade in our car without knowing the approximate value of it, as it appears you did with your train items. Had you done a little research (checking the online auctions, or even just asking around a bit), perhaps you would have had a little ammunition when it came to trading values.

You say it yourself; you undervalued your own items. It’s hardly a dealers fault for taking advantage of a good deal when it presents itself. Had you done this to an individual, they might also have taken you up on the deal! Or perhaps the individual might have said to you something like; “Are you sure, that price sounds rather low?” This might have given you pause to ask what the real value of the item is.

If, in fact you were told by the dealer that the value of the items was much lower than actual resale, and that they were giving you a real break (in other words, they lied to you), then so others don’t fall prey to this same unscrupulous dealer, you shouldn’t be afraid to reveal their name here. If you simply took them up on their offer to buy the item when you presented it to them at what you thought was their value, then in this case, it would be seller beware.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr.JA

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds