Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Rokuhan Track and show layout videos

More
13 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #10370 by garthah
Rokuhan Track and show layout videos was created by garthah
Here are two youtube links to videos of my Rokuhan show layout in operation. As someone watching said that is a lot of Z in a small space.

Only the outside loop is N-scale Kato Unitrack for comparison, the rest is all Rokuhan Roadbed track and switches.

cheerz Garth

cheerz Garth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #10371 by Kelley
Replied by Kelley on topic Re: Rokuhan Track and show layout videos
Thanks Garth for posting these and for the work you do on testing these new thins out!

More
13 years 2 months ago #10375 by ausman2001
Replied by ausman2001 on topic Re: Rokuhan Track and show layout videos
Thanks Garth. Your trains run very well and the track looks good.

More
13 years 2 months ago #10379 by Mr.JA
Replied by Mr.JA on topic Re: Rokuhan Track and show layout videos
Garth... Any idea if Rokuhan plans on releasing additional curved pieces? I noticed every piece is 45 degree. There are no 30 degree curved pieces.

And... what about an uncoupler track? I can understand that Rokuhan didn't plan on this, since all of the Japanese Z trains do not use a remote uncoupling system.

More
13 years 2 months ago #10380 by garthah
Replied by garthah on topic Re: Rokuhan Track and show layout videos
The only 30 degree pieces planned are the new radii R270 and R245 but I have suggested R220, R195, R170 and R145 would be useful also. Uncoupler track they have a copy of the MTL uncoupler piece but not sure what they will do with that as they use the rapido coupler on their trains. They also have a copy of hte RealZJ green bridge and I hope they bring that back. The new radii will come with the flex track this fall. The smaller switch some time in next winter.
Garth

cheerz Garth

More
13 years 2 months ago #10381 by Mr.JA
Garth... thank you for your reply and information.

I'm wondering if MTL's uncoupler magnets (#921) will work under the Rokuhan track?

Is there any way to substitute a combination of 45-degree pieces to make up for the lack of 30-degree pieces? I think I can use two R195 45-degree pieces in place of needing three R195 30-degree pieces. The problem I am finding is... if I need one or two R195 30-degree pieces... How can I substitute?

More
13 years 2 months ago #10382 by garthah
Replied by garthah on topic Re: Rokuhan Track and show layout videos
The MTL uncopler has a slot milled and a 921 glue into place under the road bed so do not see why it would not work with Rokuhan. 3x30 degrees is equqal to 2x 45 degrees. MTL R195 x 30 pieces are still available. It is also not too hard to cut and section a curve to get the desired arc with either MTL or Rokuhan.

cheerz Garth

cheerz Garth

More
13 years 2 months ago #10391 by Mr.JA
garthah wrote:

The MTL uncopler has a slot milled and a 921 glue into place under the road bed so do not see why it would not work with Rokuhan.

After some quick fit testing... the MTL #921 uncoupler magnet are a bit big. :huh: They are a different shape and size than the magnet used under the Micro-Track uncoupler road-bed track. To make the #921 fit to a piece of Rokuhan track will require a bit of milling of the plastic road-bed. :unsure:

Does anyone have a source of magnets, say about 2"(L) x 1/4"(w) x 1/16(h)? This is the same size as the magnet piece used under the Micro-Track.

More
13 years 2 months ago #10397 by Mr.JA
TechRep wrote:

Does anyone have a source of magnets, say about 2"(L) x 1/4"(w) x 1/16(h)?

Someone from the yahoo Japanese-Z-Scale group posted a link...

www.kjmagnetics.com

Perfect! Exactly what I was looking for. I've ordered a package. Now, I just need to wait to prove my idea. I'll post progress photos of this little modification project.

Time to create page: 0.251 seconds