Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, April 26, 2024

Another new detail item from NZT

More
12 years 5 months ago #12019 by David K. Smith
Another new detail item from NZT was created by David K. Smith
New item from NZT: used ties, individuals and small piles, to sprinkle along the right of way.

ZD-010 includes 28 parts on a unique resin fret, making them easy to use: just cut out the part you want with a knife.

Will be available soon from your favorite dealer .
The following user(s) said Thank You: KIN477

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #12023 by Mr.JA
Replied by Mr.JA on topic Re: Another new detail item from NZT
Very interesting, Mr. Smith. B) Do you mind posting a photo of these cut out, for those of us that a little slow in understanding your description. ;) After all, I'm just a dumb***. :dry:

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #12024 by David K. Smith
Replied by David K. Smith on topic Re: Another new detail item from NZT

More
12 years 5 months ago #12119 by Socalz44
Replied by Socalz44 on topic Re: Another new detail item from NZT
These are nice! Also every layout, module or diorama has a place for these. Jim

More
12 years 5 months ago #12121 by Fred
Replied by Fred on topic Re: Another new detail item from NZT
I was thinking on how to hide the unsightly switch mechenizms that are part of many of our train layouts. I posted one picture on JUST FOR FUN of a rail side shanty/work shop with a platform that disguised the unit but still allowed for full action..
With the availability of NZT detail products another idea came to mind. Sometimes you can hide something in plain sight by accentuating it. A stack of old used railroad ties seems right for this purpose. They can be glued to a form that fits over the machine... Like old ties that are derilict, waiting to be picked up by a MOW train and cleared away.-- A small loading platform with oil drums or barrels, or crates that might actually be bigger than the mechenizm--and change it's regularity. A small switch tower mounted on the base-- or even senic bushes and maybe a tree on less traveled sidings. ( These "facades" would be made to cover the machine and could be removable to gain full access to the switch, but blend in with surrounding scenic materials.
Just a thought.
Fred

More
12 years 5 months ago #12124 by Zcratchman_Joe
Replied by Zcratchman_Joe on topic Re: Another new detail item from NZT
Fred, that’s a great idea. I had always glued grass/sand/gravel/etc, onto a piece of heavy tin foil shaped to fit the device. Hardly a long lasting “fix” though. The idea of a few different “covers” would really work out well when we have a few switches right next to each other… a pile of ties here, loading platform there, oil barrels, crates, a stack of lumber… what-have-you. I’d buy some for sure!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred

More
12 years 4 months ago #12182 by Mr.JA
Replied by Mr.JA on topic Re: Another new detail item from NZT
Mr. Smith... When is NZT going to release the "Giant Fake Dime" kit? :whistle:

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds