Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, April 19, 2024

Expect Delays

More
12 years 6 months ago #11703 by David K. Smith
Expect Delays was created by David K. Smith
Promised new products will still be coming, but all production has been temporarily suspended. The details can be found here: 1-220.blogspot.com/2011/09/one-thing-after-another.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #11704 by stonysmith
Replied by stonysmith on topic Re: Expect Delays
Sorry to hear that David. Best wishes for both you and your mom.

More
12 years 6 months ago #11705 by KIN477
Replied by KIN477 on topic Re: Expect Delays
All the best for you and your family.
Hope everything works out for your mother

More
12 years 6 months ago #11713 by timbo
Replied by timbo on topic Re: Expect Delays
Not a lot I can add apart from all the best to you; you certainly have been through the wars recently, and I hope that your mother recovers.
Tim

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #11716 by Zcratchman_Joe
Replied by Zcratchman_Joe on topic Re: Expect Delays
Hi David,

It may not seem like it now, but I’m living proof that things will get better and that “this too shall pass”.

In recent years I’ve had quite a few very unpleasant disruptions in my life. A while back, and it was about a year before I had two heart attacks and then a triple bypass, my mother unexpectedly passed of a heart attack herself. Shortly thereafter, I (and my business) was sued for 16.4 million dollars in a lawsuit in federal court in Washington DC by a guy from another country. Rather inconvenient since I live in Wisconsin. While fighting the lawsuit I shut down my businesses and, while living off what was at the time, a substantial savings, my wife unexpectedly left me. As I figured I would now need to start over anyway, and her kids needed it more than I did, sans a few pieces of furniture I let my soon to be ex-wife take everything she needed/wanted. Apparently she also thought this meant to clean out all assets, which she did. I guess not happy with that, she even decided to steal some of my jewelry. I was miserably heartbroken, still I was glad to be rid of her. I wasn’t taking care of myself at this point and I guess the stress finally got to me because I ended up in intensive care for 4 days with numerous ailments (around 14) followed by more than a weeklong hospital stay. Because I was unconscious when the ambulance took me to the hospital I was unable to tell them which hospital to take me to and I ended up in the St. Elsewhere’s of all local hospitals. I developed a staph infection of the blood while there which worsened my condition terribly. Due to the staph infection, while there I also developed neuropathy in my hands and feet. I had no transportation after my wife had taken the two vans for herself and for her daughter and left me with one motorcycle which I was unable to ride in my weakened condition. And after discharge from the hospital I still had to manage to get back to the hospital 3 times daily for another week of intravenous antibiotics to cure the lingering staph infection. At the same time I was in the hospital, the place we (I) had been renting was unexpectedly sold to a developer. Previous to my closing my business I had been planning on moving to a larger place and so I had switched to renting on a month to month basis. Because of this, I now had less than two weeks to move. I was sick, could barely walk, broke, homeless, without a car, going through a divorce and going to a homeless shelter. Plus somewhere along the line I also developed COPD. At this point, I was now considered disabled.

Life was gloomy, lonely, and almost unbearable. The only thing that got me through it was the belief that “this too shall pass”… and eventually, it did! With the help of good deeds being repaid, and many thousands of dollars later, the BS lawsuit was thrown out. Although still considered disabled, I got a bit better. I found a great lady (actually, she found me). And through bad choices since she split, my ex-wife screwed up her life big time, lost everything she took plus lost all of her jewelry (paybacks are a b*tch, aren’t they?) and even tried to borrow 5 grand from me 2 years later (lol), but now, I’m sorry to say, she has cancer (now in remission).

So David, although life may seem like it’s beating you over the head right now, this too… shall pass. Best wishes and good luck.

Joe

More
12 years 6 months ago #11721 by tealplanes
Replied by tealplanes on topic Re: Expect Delays
Joe,

And I thought I had problems from time to time. None of us can see over the horizon when we are being storm tossed and the nights grow long and we doubt the dawn will ever come.

I feel for both you and David and your misfortunes of late.

Let each one count our blessings even though they may be meager. There is always worse out there happening to someone else.

So, keep hanging in there and you know there are always Z friends out there to talk with.

Loren

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds