Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, May 03, 2024

Brownhoist Derrick

More
12 years 1 month ago #13328 by N/A
Brownhoist Derrick was created by N/A
Stony has done it again! :woohoo:

He took the basis for his Bucyrus WB150 Crane and made modification to turn it into a Brownhoist Derrick (crane) www.shapeways.com/model/511354/brownhoist-mow-crane-zscale.html

He is definitely the Shapeways Master!!!

Thank you Stony!

John Bartolotto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kelley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #13329 by Kelley
Replied by Kelley on topic Re: Brownhoist Derrick

More
12 years 1 month ago #13330 by soccrdad30
Replied by soccrdad30 on topic Re: Brownhoist Derrick
John, Kelley, Z scale has been really blessed with Stony RP creations. Stony's models have been accurate and affordable for all to purchase and enjoy. If anyone is attending this year's NZSC in Denver I would like to point out the clinic's schedule. 2012 National Z Scale Convention Clinics And if you look closely at Saturday's schedule on clinic #5, you will see a favorite ZCS personality will be busy from 9:45AM to 10:30AM.

John

More
12 years 1 month ago #13334 by Fred
Replied by Fred on topic Re: Brownhoist Derrick
Yup- :woohoo: Good one Stony!!

More
12 years 1 month ago #13335 by t.edmunds
Replied by t.edmunds on topic Re: Brownhoist Derrick
I'm glad I held off on the first cranes now I can also get a couple of these. Someone mentioned a $19. import charge. Is this fee a flat rate or a percentage?

Keep up the great stuff

Thanks

Tom

More
12 years 1 month ago #13336 by stonysmith
Replied by stonysmith on topic Re: Brownhoist Derrick
The import charge was because of the way UPS deals with Canada. You won't have that issue in Pennsylvania.

More
12 years 1 month ago #13337 by TerryH
Replied by TerryH on topic Re: Brownhoist Derrick
Fee is based on value of the shipment in Canada, too bad I left PA. :)

More
12 years 1 month ago #13338 by garthah
Replied by garthah on topic Re: Brownhoist Derrick
not quite the way it appears. In Canada only Canada Post can import things into Canada and process it through customswithout a broker being involved as per Postal Union rules all other importations require a broker to clear it through Canada customs UPS it is own broker and they charge a fee to clear things through customs and a fee if they have to pay the tax or duty due on the shipment to the government on your behalf and then collect it from you on delivery and this is the same for all couriers o freight forwarders. So the only way around most of these fees is to have a brokerage account with UPS and then they have your credit card and because they do not have to put funds out on your behalf it gets a bit cheaper, but you have to bring in alot of stuff each month to rate an account. The post office is the way to go max 8.00 bucks msx fee to clear a shipment and collect tax and or duty if applicable. So until Shapeways will use the post office and regular airmail for shipping it gets over priced very quickly when they try and ship each piece individually via UPS this is courier service and it gets out of hand very quickly if shipper and receiver are not in the same country or customs zone.

cheers Garth

cheerz Garth

More
12 years 1 month ago #13339 by Fred
Somewhere in the cobb webbs of my mind, I thought model trains were exempt from custom charges. Thought it odd at the time.. Maybe that is the USA and not for accessories.??? And just a pigment of my imagination. :(
And maybe the customs Inspecter I had was a model railroader ;)

More
12 years 1 month ago #13340 by Kelley
Replied by Kelley on topic Re: Brownhoist Derrick
In Germany toys are not subject to customs, but they could be taxed I believe. Trouble is if you look on fine print of Z scale trains, there is something to the effect that THIS IS NOT A TOY OR FOR ANYONE UNDER 14 blah blah ACT OF CONGRESS blah blah, soooo. I always swear up and down it is a TOY train but you never know. Dont help either when they turn the little engine box over and see the MSP price printed on the back. Kinda hard to blow smoke up their hats when they see the price of an engine.
My Frau had a HECK of a time with the when I sent her a stuffed toy monkey when I was downrange. Thing was 6 foot tall!

More
12 years 1 month ago #13341 by Fred
:woohoo: That's some Monkey!!!!

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #13342 by stonysmith
Replied by stonysmith on topic Re: Brownhoist Derrick
I just found a relevant thread.. I wonder if this would help Shapeways with costs if they just marked the packages as "Scale Models"?

bit.ly/GP1e4E

More
12 years 1 month ago #13343 by Fred
Soitenly worth a try. :) Might save a lot of modelers pieces of eight.

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds