Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Thursday, April 25, 2024

Ohio DE-650 diesel electric locomotive crane

• Heavy-Equipment-Designer
More
10 years 6 months ago #16258 by Heavy-Equipment-Designer
Ohio DE-650 diesel electric locomotive crane was created by Heavy-Equipment-Designer
These are my two prototypes of a high cab Ohio DE-650 115 ton capacity diesel electric locomotive crane with heavy duty carbody and outriggers that I designed in CAD and rapid prototyped. These are fully functioning models. The hook and boom are adjustable by using a key. The images show how it works. It has a painted cab interior control panel and operator’s seat. The yellow version is missing the exhaust pipe which is lost forever somewhere in the carpet of my home office…. The real crane has two hoist drums but I had to finagle my own rigging setup to make it work with one drum.

There's issues with Shapeways print quality (warped boom, bad printing job and a bunch of other print quality issues). But I have a third prototype I've started to finish and paint form a different vender that so far I'm really happy with. Shapeways rejected the final kit version of this (even though none of the geometry changed...) so I wont be able to sell it as a kit. But if people like the third prototype and there's enough interest, I'd like to do a limited run of assembled and painted cranes.

[attachment:10]C:fakepathDSC07923.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment:11]C:fakepathDSC07940.jpg[/attachment]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred, garthah, southernnscale

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #16279 by Heavy-Equipment-Designer
Replied by Heavy-Equipment-Designer on topic Re: Ohio DE-650 diesel electric locomotive crane
So far the quality of the new supplier is superior over Shapeways. If you look at the image, the black painted boom that is badly miss shaped and and bowed is printed from Shapeways. The unpainted boom that looks exactly how its supposed to look is from my new vender. So I'm hoping the quality of the model will significantly increase over whats seen in the images above.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernnscale

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #16283 by southernnscale
Replied by southernnscale on topic Re: Ohio DE-650 diesel electric locomotive crane
Jon!!!
Can't wait to see the new one! This one is nice too! the new vendor has a nice product it straight. I think this is great!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Heavy-Equipment-Designer

More
10 years 6 months ago #16339 by pm-ger
Really great an detailed model, I very impressed to see that great photo documentation Superb work congratulation
The following user(s) said Thank You: Heavy-Equipment-Designer

More
10 years 6 months ago #16352 by Heavy-Equipment-Designer
Replied by Heavy-Equipment-Designer on topic Re: Ohio DE-650 diesel electric locomotive crane
Thanks guys! Glad you like it!

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds