Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, April 26, 2024

USRA 50to Drop Bottom Gondola

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #13513 by Gerd
USRA 50to Drop Bottom Gondola was created by Gerd
Here we go:
I can present a new product of eNKay-Design: the USRA 50to Deop bottom Gondola. The idea for this project came from Kelley Wright, "complaining" about the small choice of gondolas especially for the transition era. So, I thought about this project, the next night I couldn't sleep so I designed the fret....The car is made from 0.25mm nickel-silver etchings. It features interior details, so it can run well without load on your layout. It has no detailing under the car, I want to keep it simple rather then the Coil Cars and therefore I'm happy to offer the fret with a simple instruction on it's own too. It's basically 10 parts + 20 grab irons, that's it! It can be built using CA glue only, but soldering is always a better choice.
The prototype was very common with a lots of railroads, it's not easy to find photo evidence, don't forget: who was going to waiste in pre-digicam times a film for an old gondola?
I can offer the fret for $30, the complete car incl. trucks for $60, weathering and shipping extra. The cars will be available from June onwards.

BTW: I'm not offering the coil car anymore, sorry it was my first product and it's far too complicated and time consuming to be continued. Existing orders will be honoured of course.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kelley, Mr.JA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago #13519 by Mr.JA
Replied by Mr.JA on topic Re: USRA 50to Drop Bottom Gondola
Sweet! :woohoo: Etched-metal beats non-proto, over-priced plastic in my book. ;) You have my initial order... CBQ, LV, MILW, SL-SF, SOO, SP, SSW, WP. :laugh: I need something to pull around for those custom locos you have built for me. B)

More
12 years 1 week ago #13522 by GNFan
Replied by GNFan on topic Re: USRA 50to Drop Bottom Gondola

Mr.JA wrote: Sweet! :woohoo: Etched-metal beats non-proto, over-priced plastic in my book. ;) You have my initial order... CBQ, LV, MILW, SL-SF, SOO, SP, SSW, WP. :laugh: I need something to pull around for those custom locos you have built for me. B)

Alex, you should probably have Gerd send them to your new address. Alternately, I'd be glad to hold them for you. But by the time you get them, your alphabet soup of a collection may end up marked "GN". ;-)

More
12 years 1 week ago #13524 by Mr.JA

GNFan wrote: Alex, you should probably have Gerd send them to your new address. Alternately, I'd be glad to hold them for you. But by the time you get them, your alphabet soup of a collection may end up marked "GN". ;-)

Gee, Mike... so helpful. :whistle: For now, I don't even know my new address. :S "GN" = Go North? :side: I'm sort of headed in that direction. :huh:

More
12 years 1 week ago #13553 by Gerd
Replied by Gerd on topic Re: USRA 50to Drop Bottom Gondola
If somebody is interested in the cars please let me know by the end of this week so I can place a bulk order for the frets.

More
12 years 1 week ago #13555 by N/A
Replied by N/A on topic Re: USRA 50to Drop Bottom Gondola
Gerd,

Did you get my email for a PRR decaled one?

Yours,

John

More
11 years 8 months ago #14141 by Gerd
Replied by Gerd on topic Re: USRA 50to Drop Bottom Gondola
in PRR lettering for Dan Stripe

More
11 years 8 months ago #14142 by Mr.JA
Nice PRR examples. B) I'm looking forward to seeing some of my requests. ;)

More
11 years 7 months ago #14274 by N/A
Replied by N/A on topic Re: USRA 50to Drop Bottom Gondola
Yesterday I received Gerd’s gondola in PRR colors. "Wow" is an understatement! This car is simple yet highly detailed and exquisitely built. Gerd's quality is on par with FRs! Congrats Gerd!! Well done!!!

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gerd

Time to create page: 0.251 seconds