Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, May 03, 2024

NEW BUT READY FOR Z

More
13 years 6 months ago #9800 by ron222
NEW BUT READY FOR Z was created by ron222
I have had my hand at HO, O, and G's, NOW for something I have the room for but not enough money. I bought a starter set from Marklin #81466 and would like to make a small fireplace hearth display for now. My new set will fit fine and now for decorations and buildings. Where can we get cutouts we can build at home that maybe we can download. Can't afford the 50 dollar buildings at present. Need a tunnel and some lights. I want to build a nice small display so my wife will enjoy and give me some freakin money to rock and roll. Any tips would be great! Thanks Ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #9801 by animek
Replied by animek on topic Re: NEW BUT READY FOR Z
Regarding downloadable buildings, at this site you can get about 103 different design, from the most complicated historical design to the simple house, just click older post at the bottom of each page to access the 103 building models, you'll only have to reinforce them with either balsa planks or thinker cardboard to create great looking buildings.

This one from the list may be more what you are looking for, easy to build, even if Japanese design, this house is quite seen in America, then again may not be the period you are looking for.

Ben

My web site: www.animekmodels.com

More
13 years 6 months ago #9803 by loadmaster
Replied by loadmaster on topic Re: NEW BUT READY FOR Z
Ron,

Gleino in Germany offers cutout building and had an extensive selection in his catalogue. However, monthly he offers a free model in all the scales.

Try this and see how you like it. I paste it to a hardboard or heavy cardboard.
I have downloaded his free items for over a year.

www.gleimo.de/download/032010/dl032010.php

Good Luck.

Robert
Zo Cal

More
13 years 6 months ago #9806 by ron222
Replied by ron222 on topic Re: NEW BUT READY FOR Z
Thats what I'm looking for. Now to get a group I can download and build now. Fantastic! Thanks if there are any others you want to share just let me know. Ron

More
13 years 6 months ago #9808 by loadmaster
Replied by loadmaster on topic Re: NEW BUT READY FOR Z
Ron,

Just go to his site monthly and you should get your fill of cardstock buildings.

Robert

More
13 years 6 months ago #9811 by Kelley
Replied by Kelley on topic Re: NEW BUT READY FOR Z
Since your start set is the CB&Q, perhaps you should go with some buildings from Illinois?
www.state.il.us/hpa/ps/construct_mainstreet.htm
You can give them a kind of 3D look, if you print them out twice, glue them to thin cardstock and cut the windows out, glue them to the second printout. go over edges you cut out with a dark marker before you glue them together.
I say this over and over, don't disregard out of hand European buildings totally, for American layouts, especially turn of last century industrial buildings. Brick factory kind of buildings were similar all over the world then.

More
13 years 6 months ago #9813 by ron222
Fantastic! Thanks

More
13 years 6 months ago #9845 by ron222
Thanks to everyone that helped with setting me up with some great cut out buildings. Now I'm looking for a back drop or I guess its called a diorama for a z layout 46 inches long. Maybe there is a print out I can download for this that I can get. Thanks Ron

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds