Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, May 03, 2024

Tenshodo

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #8733 by charles
Tenshodo was created by charles
Hello,
I just received my Tenshodo loco. from Ztrack Center. Work fine with my snail speed controller. Is'it possible to instale Marklin coupler on it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #8734 by Socalz44
Replied by Socalz44 on topic Re:Tenshodo
Charles, Z scale has progress a bit in the last few years. MTL for example has not offered Marklin couplers on it's products for a couple of years. If you model North American maybe someone has made this conversion and will answer, but I doubt it. If you model Euro then you may have to wait for this conversion answer as well. If you model NA then go on ebay and look for a 'transition' boxcar that has a regular MTL coupler at one end and a Marklin at another end. Problem solved. Cheers, Jim CCRR:)

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #8735 by slugger
Replied by slugger on topic Re:Tenshodo

I agree with jim. a transition car is the simplest and most likely cheapest way to solve this problem. If you dont want to buy a new car for this, you can always just replace a coupling on a car you already have with an american coupler one one end and the marklin on the other. Hope this helps.

Steve aka "Slugger" B)
Attachments:

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #8737 by garthah
Replied by garthah on topic Re:Tenshodo
charles wrote:

Hello,
I just received my Tenshodo loco. from Ztrack Center. Work fine with my snail speed controller. Is'it possible to instale Marklin coupler on it?

The way the pilot coupler is mounted on the lead truck I have my doubts that it would be an easy modification, as it would take some very fine plastic welding to create a Marklin style coupler on the front. On the tender you don't want to mess with the truck or replace it as you would loose part of your pick-up system from the track. If you are good at plastic welding you might be able to graft a marklin coupler box to the truck but at the risk of doing irreparable damage as there are no spare parts I think the conversion car is the answer. Replace the Rapido coupler that your engine came with on the tender with the knuckle style coupler from the parts bag in the box with the loco. Make sure you get it oriented properly. It is a simple pull the one out and push the new one in. Then use the conversion car as already suggested. The knuckle coupler is compatible with Micro Trains and the knuckles on AZL and Uncle Wills cars also. The Micro Trains will auto couple the other won't do so readily so you have to 0-5-0 or hand couple them.

cheerz Garth

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds