Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Saturday, April 20, 2024

Marklin Automatic Reverse Loop Operation - Help

More
12 years 1 week ago #13480 by rjorourke
I have installed a reverse loop on my layout and wired it for automatic operations per the Marklin instructions. The Circuit Track, Double Pole Reverse Switch, and Remote Turnout appear to function properly. However, after my loco traverses the reverse loop once, when I attempt to have it traverse the loop a second time, the loco stops when it reaches the insulated rail joiners. It seems to me that once the polarity has been switched as a result of the first traverse, the two isolated track segments are then of opposite polarity which stops the loco at the insulated rail joiner locations when I try to have the loco go through again.

Can anyone explain what is happening here and how I can fix it?

many thanks,
Bob O'
Texas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago #13485 by garthah
I was not familiar with the Marklin circuit so I did an on line search. From what I can see in the Marklin Manual your circuit worked as designed. It was designed to operate in one direction only not in either direction so you need to do a reset which means once you have returned to the main line before you re enter the reverse loop you need to stop your train or engine and reset the turnout leading into the reverse loop. and change the track direction direction of locomotive to enter the reverse loop from the same side again, It does not matter if the engine is sunning forward or backward it just has to enter the loop travelling in the same direction each time, this means your track direction will always be in the same position as you enter the loop.

You can have a bidirectional reverse loop in DCC but not with Marklin reverse loop set as it is designed for unidirectional use only.
Cheers Garth

cheerz Garth
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjorourke

More
12 years 1 week ago #13499 by rjorourke
Thanks - I got it working as designed.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds