Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Wednesday, April 17, 2024

3D printed

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #17893 by southernnscale
3D printed was created by southernnscale
Here is my newest buildings received. The Birchwood Gravel plant. I still waiting for the block wall which support the pile of gravel from running into the area of the building. In the back ground is the Farish Gravel Plant but only the main building. I also added the Cat 430F Backhoe all in Z scale. I went over board od the detail trying to get it to work. But as most people who have things designed in plastic and the support wire size makes some things just to small to keep them working. the wax is the worst thing since it fill up and hollow places where not escape hole are made.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred, garthah, t.edmunds, Pete Nolan, BNSantaRay, DAZed, ZRailFan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #17894 by DAZed
Replied by DAZed on topic 3D printed
Very nice looking items. Don't have a gravel plant on my Z layout but that backhoe is definitely relevant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernnscale

More
8 years 9 months ago #17895 by SJ-BAZ-man
Replied by SJ-BAZ-man on topic 3D printed
The Backhoe will be a nice addition to some I got years ago. Will order.
I need to look at more of your gravel works. I have a simple heavy resin casting on my End module that was merely a place holder for a coal mine. I intended to have trackwork come horizontally from the hillside, split into 90 degree turn to feed local dump truck fill and straight thru into the rail car filling. Some parts of the above would be useful, in a way.

I have to find time to draw this stuff up. I can barely keep up with the Niles Depot N scale layout that I am Superintendent of, making custom panels for servo and Tortoise control along with a bazillion other tasks and now tweaking up our Z modules for NTS.

More
8 years 8 months ago #17917 by southernnscale
Replied by southernnscale on topic 3D printed
Birchwood grave plant painted still working on the handrails and 4ft x 4ft block wall uses 48 blocks to complete with two left over.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: garthah

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #17921 by southernnscale
Well just finish the handrails and printed a conveyor for the gravel pile 80' high conveyor. also another feller buncher a tigercat 860C, Cat 988H log loader, Burror Crane MOW flat car. Also a dump Trailer with dump truck.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred, garthah, BNSantaRay

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #17923 by southernnscale
Also did this woodchip burner with conveyor and working doors 69 ft. high. 123 ft. from end of conveyor to the back doors double doors. upper walk way opening for a caged safety ladder not installed. conveyor high is 41 ft. wood chip tower base is 40 ft. across. vented dome perforated. You can see the doors. received with upper handrails broken loose. easy fix. but that's one of the biggest problem with shapeways printing Z scale stuff! But once painted and repaired will look good as new!

Attachments:

More
8 years 7 months ago #17925 by southernnscale
Finished up the Woodchip burner with top side walkway and safety Ladder and bottom doors for entry.

Also finished up some more heavy equipment

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: BNSantaRay

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #17938 by southernnscale
Here is a set of high power line towers done in 3D printing just received the set from Shapeways.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: BNSantaRay

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds