Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Thursday, May 02, 2024

LOCAL HOBBY SHOPS THAT STOCK Z

More
11 years 2 months ago #15325 by Kelley
Replied by Kelley on topic Re: LOCAL HOBBY SHOPS THAT STOCK Z
I think the one in Santa Clara carried Z .. They just did not have what I was looking for. I did get my DCC stuff from them and I think I took Caltrain and Amtrak to get there. The guys that had NO Z was the shop in, I believe, Concord. I want to think kind of sort of near a small airport. If you are in that part of California you need to hook up with the BAZ guys. They have jaw dropping stuff. They are the kings of Z.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #15347 by killieman54
Replied by killieman54 on topic Re: LOCAL HOBBY SHOPS THAT STOCK Z
Rob,
I was in the Columbus area yesterday but I wasn't sure how to get in touch with you. I usually have less than a days notice when I go. You can contact me off forum at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Thanks Francis Smith

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #15351 by Socalz44
Replied by Socalz44 on topic Re: LOCAL HOBBY SHOPS THAT STOCK Z
Just noticed yesterday that my LHS (Reeds in San Diego County) had a MTL trainset box for sale. They had told me earlier that they don't carry Z anymore! Jim
The following user(s) said Thank You: killieman54

More
11 years 1 month ago #15456 by southernnscale
Replied by southernnscale on topic Re: LOCAL HOBBY SHOPS THAT STOCK Z
I'm from the Cincinnati, Ohio area and most of the train shops here shut down. When they opened DCC Trains they had a lot of "Z" Scale, Now only order! nothing to look at. They say there's not enough people into "Z". But what I can see from this site there's a lot of people into "Z" Scale.

More
11 years 1 month ago #15464 by ztrack
Replied by ztrack on topic Re: LOCAL HOBBY SHOPS THAT STOCK Z
Ted's Toys and Trains use to carry a lot of Z. But they got out of it about two years ago. We purchased their compete inventory. I was sorry to see them leave model railroading, but their focus was more toys.

Francis, I will be contacting you. Ztrack will be making some changes this spring which will give those in the area, or stopping by Columbus, more options to come and see Z. We hope to have more on this later this month.

Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernnscale, killieman54

More
11 years 1 day ago #15587 by markm
Replied by markm on topic Re: LOCAL HOBBY SHOPS THAT STOCK Z
I had the chance to visit Roger's Railroad Junction in Lodi CA, a block south of the train station. A fair selection of MTL Z rolling stock, sets, runner packs, GPs, supplies and accesories. Its the most I've seen since Denver. The biggest surprise was an Aztec track cleaning car,which they no longer have. :)
They're interested in stocking more Z so long as it sells. If you're in the area you might want to check them out.

Mark
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernnscale, killieman54

More
11 years 1 day ago - 11 years 1 day ago #15588 by southernnscale
Hey Ztrack, Is that the Ted's toy trains in Between Newtown and Milford,Ohio. I know he moved to Madeira, Ohio.
He has a toy store there I don't know if he still has trains I sent him an E-mail and asked him if he did!

More
11 years 18 hours ago #15592 by ztrack
Replied by ztrack on topic Re: LOCAL HOBBY SHOPS THAT STOCK Z
Yes same Ted. He is a great guy. He got out of trains a few years ago. We bought all of his Marklin and MTL Z scale stock. We still have a few pieces of MTL from the store in our Resale shop. I do miss him. He was a wonderful dealer to work with.

Rob

More
11 years 12 hours ago - 11 years 12 hours ago #15594 by southernnscale
Well! he has a toy store and still works there, Rob. I use to buy my "Z" scale from him because he had a lot in his store then. Now he in Madeira, Ohio He has a web site under Ted's Toys. I also got a subscription of Ztrack Magazine I told Model railroad when my subscription was up that was it for them because they don't back up us "Z" scale people in their Magazine.

Walt

Time to create page: 0.281 seconds