Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, April 19, 2024

Unique Train Situations

More
13 years 7 months ago #9591 by Fred
Replied by Fred on topic Re:Unique Train Situations
Thanks for the videos-- it's sort of like this::woohoo:
I like the backhoe rig- and will model it! Never would have known about it if not for this thread- Keep up the good work
Fred

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #9592 by Fred
First image rejected- too big-- let's try again-- I can't see second page so I don't know where this will end up.. :woohoo:
Attachments:

More
13 years 7 months ago #9596 by soccrdad30
Replied by soccrdad30 on topic Re:Unique Train Situations
Here is a pic that came from one of my Yahoo groups.

Question... Who was the clumsy modeler that glued the water tower roof on wrong?

Other than that isn't this a great photo? I like the bus and the feel of "Americana" in this photo.

John K.
Attachments:

More
13 years 7 months ago #9599 by dominique
Replied by dominique on topic Re:Unique Train Situations
Alaska Railroader wrote:

I ran across this yesterday for a good laugh, not sure what this guy was thinking! :)
~Karin

As far as I remember that scene is coming from a movie showing that tractor-loader performing an "auto boarding" on board of the hopper.;)

Dom

More
13 years 7 months ago #9601 by Kelley
Replied by Kelley on topic Re:Unique Train Situations
So who is going to come out with a fully functional Z scale Herzog car topper work train? When are they coming out???

More
13 years 7 months ago #9602 by Ztrains
Replied by Ztrains on topic Re:Unique Train Situations
soccrdad30 wrote:

Here is a pic that came from one of my Yahoo groups.

Question... Who was the clumsy modeler that glued the water tower roof on wrong?

Other than that isn't this a great photo? I like the bus and the feel of "Americana" in this photo.

John K.

What a great shot... from the bus sign looks like Jacksonville, Florida. Feels like it too from that picture!

John
www.ztrains.com

More
13 years 7 months ago #9623 by Fred
We have the Zehper- how bout this...
Attachments:

More
13 years 7 months ago #9644 by Fred
This isn't as crazy as it seems--My history might be a little dusty but-- I think it was Eisenhower's innaugural ( can't find spell check ) an engine went through the floor at Union Station--They built a temporary floor over engine until festivities were over and then retrieved the engine.
Fred
Attachments:

More
13 years 7 months ago #9648 by Kelley
Replied by Kelley on topic Re:Unique Train Situations
I seen the Kato Rep in Germany and they had: a model of that thing with the jet engines (same as on B-36) It has sound and engines light up. I just wish instead of making something crazy like that, they would make a Z scale U-boat or F-3s or a steam engine that was produced in the hundreds. Dude tried hard to get me hooked on N with that thing..uhh no thanks.:angry:

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #9650 by Radialman
Replied by Radialman on topic Re:Unique Train Situations
Fred:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the picture is not from Eisenhower's inaugural. The French on the wall gave it up. This picture is from Montparnasse, France in 1895 .

The pictures from the train you refer to can be found here .

Regards,
Jeremy

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #9651 by Fred
Jeremy-- I might have been a bit unclear in my posting-:S
I didn't mean to claim this was the Eisenhower event - though now I can see how it can be misconstructed.- Hard to build a roof over this and hide it- also it's a euro steam engine, and there is french on building as you point out.
My point was that similar accidents are infrequent- but not unheard of. After rereading my post I can see where I should have separated the two.. :blush:
Thanks for clearing things up- some times my fingers walk faster than my brain..
and thanks for the other sites.Some Great pictures there and good info- Thanks again for taking me to task- and joining in on the fun.
Fred

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #9672 by Radialman
Thanks Fred. I considered that was your intention - after I posted.

But speaking of unique train situations, take a look at these pictures: Solar Rail Cars .

I just took these pictures from the Deschutes River yesterday. These cars are in Maupin, OR on the BNSF line along the Deschutes. Any idea what the solar panels are for? These hoppers all had covers fitted over the tops. You can see on cars #1 and #3 (with the solar panels)that the covers look nice. But cars #2, #4, #5 have slap dash covers like old dumpsters and no panels. These cars are sitting on a siding. I didn't get a chance to get any closer to the cars than from the river.

Jeremy

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #9675 by craZ13
Replied by craZ13 on topic Re:Unique Train Situations
Jeremy, you lucky dog.
I miss rafting on the Deschutes.

B)

More
13 years 7 months ago #9680 by Radialman
Jerry:

I don't get to do it often. This was only my second time. Last time was 1987.

Jeremy

More
13 years 7 months ago #9685 by craZ13
Replied by craZ13 on topic Re:Unique Train Situations
Funny that is about the same time I took my last trip down the river.

Looks like you had a beautiful day.

The tracks follow the river for quite a distance as I remember. After all one of the best rapids is named "Boxcar".
Maybe we should try to set up a rafting/railfanning trip for next summer for the Portland area railfans.

More
13 years 7 months ago #9687 by Radialman
Jerry:

Yep. Boxcar is the big one. In fact our raft got dumped on Boxcar. 6/7 of the people in our boat went swimming.

Local history is that there were 2 competing railroads racing to build lines up either side of the river. Both companies nearly or did go bankrupt trying to be the first. I need to look it up and find out more. I think it would be pretty cool to model that. The scenery would be great. Of course, it would require a lot of fact finding trips to complete!:cheer:

Jeremy

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds