Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Saturday, April 20, 2024

Layout latest

More
13 years 10 months ago #9191 by ausman2001
Layout latest was created by ausman2001
In another thread someone remarked that there hadn't been many posts lately, and I must say I agree with that. We're nearly all guilty, although in my defence I will say that I've just come back from a long holiday overseas.

What I suggest is that all of us give a quick summary of where we're up to with our home layouts. Beverly and hokenstrom are excused because they've got active threads, and so is Chris from Skye, unless of course they want to make a post here.

In my case all the track has been laid and most of the wiring has been done, although I'm far from satisfied with it. Marklin magazine is running a series on a project Z scale layout and they're now up to wiring. I plan to study those articles carefully before going any further. Today, if I get the time, I'm going to clean the track and run a few trains - as I said I've been away for two months.

Over to you....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #9193 by Socalz44
Replied by Socalz44 on topic Re:Layout latest
My layout is finished and photos off to Ztrack. Most of you know what that means. Destruction begins next month. Most of my locos and all my rolling stock is now gone. And, next will so will I. Cheers, Jim CCRR:woohoo:

More
13 years 10 months ago #9233 by dominique
Replied by dominique on topic Re:Layout latest
A layout nearly destroyed when we haven't seen it yet in any magazine or website (not yet received my latest Ztrack sample)... :S
So Jim what will be your next Z scale step?

Dom

More
13 years 10 months ago #9236 by Socalz44
Replied by Socalz44 on topic Re:Layout latest
Dom, The layout will appear in an early next year edition of Ztrack. Those that have seen the Northern Division like it the best of the three. Yes, it is going to be heavily altered in the coming months. Health issues have limited me to not being able to get a GP-9 on the tracks in less than two minutes. Time to move on and probably health permitting to a larger scale. Maybe HOn30 or something. As for Z, ALL my z scale things are for sale. Much has already been sold, but I still have the "Holy Grail" of z scale one MTL Mogul left. I'm a sufferer of rare form of arthritis called Reiter's Syndrome. Painful and not pleasant. I'm taking heavy meds and I don't know what's worse the meds or the pain. So Sunday is my last day. What I don't sell by then will be on ebay shortly. Thanks for the inquiry, Jim CCRR:)

More
13 years 10 months ago #9237 by Havoc
Replied by Havoc on topic Re:Layout latest
Take care Jim. A larger scale might be a way to keep modelling, 7/8th perhaps?

As for my layout...I'm still working out how to fit it inside. And how to make the modules. Maybe I'll have to make a couple just to see how that works out before I fill the place with wood.

More
13 years 10 months ago #9240 by goobnav
Replied by goobnav on topic Re:Layout latest
Jim,

We'll still be here for you. If you stay in the hobby, even if it is a bigger scale, you are welcome here. I suggest going full scale, take the Coast Starlight up to Seattle, then the Empire Builder to Chicago after that, the Lake Shore Limited to NYC after that, the Acela to DC after that, Silver Palm to Jacksonville and, then the Sunset Limited back home. Granted, if funding permits. This way you'll see the country and have the best aspect of hobby, pure enjoyment.

That is a suggestion, not to be taken as advice, subject to refund legality and the occasional cat-tastrophe. Be well, friend.

More
13 years 10 months ago #9241 by ausman2001
Replied by ausman2001 on topic Re:Layout latest
Let me add my best wishes to that too.

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds