Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Thursday, April 25, 2024

D51 and Micro Track Switches

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #8730 by garthah
D51 and Micro Track Switches was created by garthah
I got a new camera today and quickly took some video of a pair of my D51 Mikaados running through two cross overs between the two mains on my layout. All Micro track and smooth operating. Maybe we will get the tripod out later and do it again at track level.

enjoy

cheerz Garth

cheerz Garth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #8731 by Socalz44
Replied by Socalz44 on topic Re:D51 and Micro Track Switches
Good one, Garth. They obviously work. Where's my Consolidation? Cheers, Jim CCRR:)

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #8732 by Beverly56
Replied by Beverly56 on topic Re:D51 and Micro Track Switches
Garth,

The video looks great and the train is sooooo long B) What kind of camera are you using?

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #8738 by garthah
Replied by garthah on topic Re:D51 and Micro Track Switches
Beverly56 wrote:

Garth,

The video looks great and the train is sooooo long B) What kind of camera are you using?

I used a Kodak Z915 which is really a digital still camera but can take 20 - 45 second video clips depending on the frame size.

cheerz Garth

cheerz Garth

More
14 years 1 week ago #8739 by Beverly56
Garth,

Pretty good quality video from your digital camera :) My latest video was taken with my digital camera, as well, though it didn't turn out as nicely as yours. I'll have to fiddle with it to get a better result. Thanks for the information :)

More
14 years 1 week ago #8742 by garthah
Replied by garthah on topic Re:D51 and Micro Track Switches
This Kodak Z915 has a glass lenses and is noted for HD quality photos but the video is not HDV just mpeg or mov format.

cheerz Garth

Beverly56 wrote:

Garth,

Pretty good quality video from your digital camera :) My latest video was taken with my digital camera, as well, though it didn't turn out as nicely as yours. I'll have to fiddle with it to get a better result. Thanks for the information :)

cheerz Garth

More
14 years 1 week ago #8743 by Beverly56
Garth,

I'm using a Canon PowerShot SX1 IS which has the heft and feel of the SLRs I used a couple of decades ago. It seems to shoot in .mov format in either 1920 x 1080 pixels, 640 x 480 pixels, or 320 x 240 pixels. I've only made one movie with it and have a lot to learn about this camera's movie settings. I like the look of variants of 1920 x 1080 pixel movies, but one minute files are 1 gig or so and have to be converted to smaller .avi files before they can be edited in Pinnacle Studio to get an even smaller and usable .wmv movie. Your video has excellent colour balance :)

Time to create page: 0.305 seconds