Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, April 19, 2024

John Cubbin Snow Layout Being Offered

More
14 years 2 months ago #7490 by ztrack

John Cubbin of Ztrains is offering his custom build and designed winter scene desktop layout. John writes:

"Building unique desktop layouts is something I've wanted to do for some time now and here is our initial offering, the Winter Desktop Layout. At just 18" x 16" this layout is small enough to truly sit on a desktop or end table yet with enough scenic detail to make running your locomotives a lot of fun!

The base of this layout is custom profile cut red oak. Wanting to give this layout an old-time look, the oak has been given a faux antique finish with worn and crackled paint. The top coat is actually multiple coats of hand rubbed wax for a warm look as well as for protection.

Though small in diameter, the track has easements leading into its curves as well as prototypical 6" superelevation. By adding these features, locomotives from a Geep to a Marklin Pacific loco comfortably navigate the curves.

Power to the layout is supplied by a 9V, handheld Snail throttle, included. We've installed a mini jack on the side of the layout base for a quick connection. Rocks, snow and ice and a chilly looking pond are just some of the features of this layout. We know you'll have hours of fun with this one!"

This amazing layout is being offered through Ztrack Center. For additional images or to purchase this one of a kind Cubbin original, please visit:

www.ztrackcenter.com/ztrains/

Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #7491 by Socalz44
Replied by Socalz44 on topic Re:John Cubbin Snow Layout Being Offered
Sweet! Cheers, Jim CCRR:)

More
14 years 2 months ago #7492 by shamoo737
Replied by shamoo737 on topic Re:John Cubbin Snow Layout Being Offered
ALEX!

More
14 years 2 months ago #7493 by slugger
Replied by slugger on topic Re:John Cubbin Snow Layout Being Offered
AWESOME!!! That is fantastic work. Eat your hearts out other scales!

Steve aka "Slugger" B)
Attachments:

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #7494 by Mr.JA
Replied by Mr.JA on topic Re:John Cubbin Snow Layout Being Offered
shamoo737 wrote:

ALEX!

It is a beautiful little layout B) ... BUT... it's winter. :dry: I don't do winter. :unsure: I asked Mr. Cubbin to stop before all that ice and snow, but I guess Old Man Winter was calling. :laugh:

Besides, John... I already have a master craftsman building a box layout for me. :woohoo:

More
14 years 2 months ago #7495 by Beverly56
Replied by Beverly56 on topic Re:John Cubbin Snow Layout Being Offered
Totally beautiful :kiss: Makes me want to put my long johns on and go for a skate on the pond B)

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds