Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Monday, May 06, 2024

Boston & Maine, Hooksett Subdivision

More
15 years 5 months ago #594 by Zcoast
Boston & Maine, Hooksett Subdivision was created by Zcoast
Good evening all,
I've posted a first few pics of the Hooksett Sub of the Boston & Maine. Now that I finally have a REAL train area and have 'finished' the move into the new house, I can get down to the business of building a railroad!!! Hopefully you'll enjoy following along as the 'road progresses and grows. Enjoy!

-Zcoast

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #597 by shamoo737
Replied by shamoo737 on topic Re:Boston & Maine, Hooksett Subdivision
Nice looking bench Justin. Keep us updated on you layout. Very professional looking woodwork. If only I can build something that is even straight.

More
15 years 5 months ago #625 by Zcoast
Replied by Zcoast on topic Re:Boston & Maine, Hooksett Subdivision
Thanks! I built it pretty much from eye and 'approximated' what I thought would look good for a 3'x6' Z layout from the book "A Realistic HO Railroad for Beginners" I think by Lou Sassi. I didn't want to go all the way down to a 2'x4' sized layout, though I probably could have, because I want broader curves and some slight variations (for more running and RAILFANNING of trains!!!!). I received the flextrack this week, and should be getting my FastTracks No.6 Turnout kit sometime in the next few weeks, so hopefully I can get trains running by Christmas. That will leave the winter for landforms and basic scenery.

That's the plan, at least!!! :silly:

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds