Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Wednesday, April 24, 2024

My small layout under construction

More
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #354 by dominique
My small layout under construction was created by dominique
Hi all, in the gallery I've added a few shots of the layout I'm currently workin' on.

This layout is a 3:4 reduction of a 4x6 layout for HO scale, whose trackplan comes from "101 Trackplans for Modelrailroaders" (Kalmbach). This only slight reduction allows pretty broad curves (14" ).

The scenery will be typical desert western (CA, NV, UT, WY, NM, AZ). A small town in the center of the layout will be home to dual spurs allowing switching operations. Era is modern, from 70's to now.

For the moment it’s a perfect sample of the famous Plywood Pacific, my next work will be completing rail and tie painting, then laying ballast. Afterwards I will start to work on the scenery .

Track is MTL flex, and turnouts are Peter Wright's powered with Tortoises. Both briges are Micronart girder bridges.

The first shot is a general view, but is not updated as it shows only one loop. Track laying is currently complete.

The powerpack comes from Passmann, motive power is MTL's and AZL's, and rolling stock is MTL's, FR Model's, Uncle Will's Full Throttle's.

Dom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds